Bournemouth Vs City Post Match Thread

Who was our captain for this match? With no Kompany, Toure or Hart I'd assumed Zaba would take it but didn't see an armband on there, nor on anyone's arm that I could see. Was bugging me trying to work it out but forgot to ask.
Zaba was wearing the armband but it seemed to slip up under his short sleeved top.

Lots of positives but don't overestimate this result. Bournemouth are only interested in staying up and now that their main objective is as good as secured, they've nothing left to play for. Soon as a side like Bournemouth drop their intensity even for 5% or so, a classy side like City will crush them, which is exactly what happened. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't even be surprised if their players are instructed not to win too much unnecessary points anymore, to avoid going over budget. Anyway, that's exactly why you get them big wins at the end of the season vs smaller mid table clubs. Nontheless, and to end on a positive note, some excellent football produced by City on Saturday! Real test however will be against teams who also have outstanding objectives for this season. First up ... PSG!

Lots of positives but don't overestimate this result. Bournemouth are only interested in staying up and now that their main objective is as good as secured, they've nothing left to play for. Soon as a side like Bournemouth drop their intensity even for 5% or so, a classy side like City will crush them, which is exactly what happened. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't even be surprised if their players are instructed not to win too much unnecessary points anymore, to avoid going over budget. Anyway, that's exactly why you get them big wins at the end of the season vs smaller mid table clubs. Nontheless, and to end on a positive note, some excellent football produced by City on Saturday! Real test however will be against teams who also have outstanding objectives for this season. First up ... PSG!
The key think against the lesser sides (all sides really) is to score first and push on. Regardless of their mental attitude this will tend to decide the outcome. Norwich home and away was a case in point. We gave them hope and they defended for dear life. This result was badly needed but I would not draw too much from it just yet. Keep the faith

At least now people cannot say my faith in City winning the league has no basis because of our form. That idea was smashed on Saturday. With some luck, hard work from the team & hopefully, beating West Brom can put the 2nd fact of not winning back to back games since October to bed. Allardyce has gone back to church so will divine intervention do the trick for him against Leicester this weekend? I can't see Leicester beating Utd, Everton & Man Yoo. I was ready to concede had we lost on Saturday. City the great unpredictables live to fight another day. ;-)

Pretty sure the weekend out in Bournemouth will beat the outing in Paris this Wd.day. Good awaypub. Great weather. Close to the pitch stadium. Entering without unnecessarily safety checks. Great result and joyfull play other than a 3rd gear period in the 2nd half. Twice the atmosphere in away end than any of our home games this year (maybe Chelsea aside). And despite higher expectations from the beachside it was a decent walk out watching runners claiming the boulevard. Now how can Paris beat this. And don't mention the Eiffel tower...
Croque monsiuer.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.