Bow and Arrow killer in Norway

Quote from ' The strangest laws in the UK '...
In Chester, it is technically ok to shoot a Welshman after midnight on Sunday with a crossbow, as long as it’s in the city walls.

I know this is tongue in cheek but laws don't actually need to be repealed to be made invalid. The laws that cover offences against the person and possession of offensive weapons have done that already.

Last edited:
In Chester, it is technically ok to shoot a Welshman after midnight on Sunday with a crossbow, as long as it’s in the city walls.
Should be legal whatever the time of day. The town clock only has 3 faces apparently so they don't give the Welsh the time of day

Should be legal whatever the time of day. The town clock only has 3 faces apparently so they don't give the Welsh the time of day
It made perfect sense in Medieval times when the Border with Wales was more fluid -ditto Scotland. The people of those times were every bit as rational as we are and were adapted to their circumstances. Hence the Law -which was thoroughly practical in those days.

It's a tragedy of course etc but what an obscure way to be a terrorist! You could high-jack a plane, wear a vest made out of bombs, drive a truck into people.. now we've got some guy who's good at archery

I know this is tongue in cheek but laws don't actually need to be repealed to be made invalid. The laws that cover offences against the person and possession of offensive weapons have had that already.
Common law in Wales it's okay to burn down any English owned home in Wales ;-) , has the six nations kicked of early ?

It's nice thought but alas bit of an old wives tale as it's not true, I wouldn't rely on it as a defence in court. :-)

From the Act of Union 1536, the Welsh were given the same status as the English. So the medieval status of the Welsh (which was separate and lower) no longer exists in law and hasn't since the time of Henry VIII.

Prior to that, and from the time of the Glyndwr rising, Welsh men had to naturalise as English to be eligible to hold any office under the Crown.

It's a tragedy of course etc but what an obscure way to be a terrorist! You could high-jack a plane, wear a vest made out of bombs, drive a truck into people.. now we've got some guy who's good at archery
My first thought was geeky loner rather than Islamic terrorist if I'm honest. Just seems more like the demographic that would have learned to fire a bow and arrow. Maybe ISIS have been hit harder than we thought.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.