Boyata

Rammy Blue said:
I thought he had a good game and was extremely unlucky to be sent off.
You're having a laugh.... aren't you? If not, you're extremely easily pleased. That was anything but a "good" performance.

MaineRoadBlue said:
Yes he struggled, but most Centre Backs don't enjoy being auxiliary Full Backs. Also he hadn't had much game time so in effect we played an off the pace player, out of position, in an away cup tie; so it should be of little surprise he struggled.

The failing here is not Boyata's, but the Management Team's.

From a layman's perspective, there seems little point in having an EDS system, if at the point where you don't want to play your one fit Right Back (Zabaleta) it cannot supply a suitable replacement to step forward to the 1st team?

If this 'stepping-up' is not considered possible then can somebody explain why we are bothering building that Academy?

Ask yourself this, if Hart, Pantilimon and Wright got injured, would you accepted the management putting Ferandinho in net rather than go to EDS level to use Gunn?

Well the simple answer is No, so why did the management think playing an 'off the pace' Centre Back out of position as acceptable tactic?

In short, Boyata didn't play well, but he did as well as he could. The reason the team struggled was that he was asked to something he couldn't, and that is a fault of the management.
I said the same myself, above. Not got a clue why anyone finds it acceptable to play someone who isn't a player of that position and is fucking shit there, in that position.

Tricky_Trev said:
Rammy Blue said:
I thought he had a good game and was extremely unlucky to be sent off.
You're having a laugh.... aren't you? If not, you're extremely easily pleased. That was anything but a "good" performance.

;-P

Given that Boyata is not the answer as cover at right back who do you feel should be given a chance there from:
Denayer,Facey,Bossaerts or Drury.

Getting sent off didn't change my opinion of his performance. He should have been the first one to be taken off. Moves broke down every time he got the ball and he looked clueless and off the pace when defending.

Don't think we will see him again, mind you I hoped that when he got sent off against Arsenal after just a few minutes. A liability and nowhere near good enough.

His discipline isn't really the best, he's made 10 appearances for us over 4 years, been sent off twice. He's 23 now a move this month or until the summer is best for both parties. Hate to see academy graduates do poor but it's best for us and for Boyata if we go seperate ways.

Clearly one of the worse partnerships this season at the back with boyata and lescott, a good team would have pulled them apart.

We are a little short at the back so may have to use lescott again, bet let's not see either next season please.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.