Bradley Manning

Helmet Cole

What does everyone think of him/this case. Peter Thatchell presented a very eloquent argument against his conviction today. Basically, the perpetrators of the war crimes he exposed are still walking free (footage was on wikileaks and this forum) while he is facing spending his life in prison for telling the truth. By contrast Thatchell stated the 'whistle blowers' that made public the truth about US war crimes in Vietnam were free, and the perpetrators prosecuted.
At first I thought this was just a case of the US becoming more heavy handed over the last 40 years, but after learning that Manning has been an active LGBT campaigner it's starting to look like state sponsored homophobia? I'm no lover of Thatchell and thought his campaign to lower the age of consent was well dodgy, but I think he's right on the money with this one.

To be honest he just sounds like a troublemaker (Not that that's always a bad thing).

What puzzles me is the clearance the military gave him wasn't consistent with his rank.

Helmet Cole said:
What does everyone think of him/this case. Peter Thatchell presented a very eloquent argument against his conviction today. Basically, the perpetrators of the war crimes he exposed are still walking free (footage was on wikileaks and this forum) while he is facing spending his life in prison for telling the truth. By contrast Thatchell stated the 'whistle blowers' that made public the truth about US war crimes in Vietnam were free, and the perpetrators prosecuted.
At first I thought this was just a case of the US becoming more heavy handed over the last 40 years, but after learning that Manning has been an active LGBT campaigner it's starting to look like state sponsored homophobia? I'm no lover of Thatchell and thought his campaign to lower the age of consent was well dodgy, but I think he's right on the money with this one.

Nixon was impeached for wiretapping.

Manning gets more time than Jerry Sandusky, a guy found guilty of 45 counts of sexual abuse, the victims primary being children. I think that tells you everything, Manning hurt the war machine, and politicians, which is of course much much worse than molesting kids.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.