Brahim Diaz - 2017/18 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
They don't need to be good enough to break into the team, just good enough to get on the pitch here and there.

We have had scores of them good enough to do that in the past few years. We could play all of them for the next 3 games if we wanted to.

We are choosing not to play all of them. Nothing stopping us from playing some of them.

Now and next season.

Foden 1 appearance away from becoming the youngest (and only 17 year old) PL medal winner in history...puts some perspective on how much playing time he's getting.

He said it on the 93:20 podcast.

Don't think so, IIRC he said there were some rumours about Pep losing faith in him, he didn't say he'd heard it himself or that it was happening.

If he had a decent source saying Stones was going, he'd 100% have written a big article on it as it's a huge story. Looking at his twitter feed, he never did that.

Foden 1 appearance away from becoming the youngest (and only 17 year old) PL medal winner in history...puts some perspective on how much playing time he's getting.

He's doing ok for game time this season. Diaz not enough. Both need more time next season.

The point I was answering is the usual one which says our team is too good for a kid to 'break into'.

They all are, all top teams are too good. Utd were too good for Giggs, Beckham Scholes etc to 'break into'. It's just down to whether you make the effort to give them some game time or not & see what happens over a few seasons, or disgard them without trying.

He's doing ok for game time this season. Diaz not enough. Both need more time next season.

The point I was answering is the usual one which says our team is too good for a kid to 'break into'.

They all are, all top teams are too good. Utd were too good for Giggs, Beckham Scholes etc to 'break into'. It's just down to whether you make the effort to give them some game time or not & see what happens over a few seasons, or disgard them without trying.

Yeah I agree, we've had this conversation before, Pep managed to give shit players like Jeffren Suarez 30 odd appearances in what is quite possibly the best club side of all time, so he can definitely give out more appearances to our best kids.

He said it on the 93:20 podcast.
The only thing I can recall him saying was that there was a press box rumour from a former manager that he was off as Pep had list trust.
My recall is that he said he couldn't stand up the rumour and doubted it was true.

Yeah I agree, we've had this conversation before, Pep managed to give shit players like Jeffren Suarez 30 odd appearances in what is quite possibly the best club side of all time, so he can definitely give out more appearances to our best kids.

It's an often used piece of reasoning, which was there during Mancini, Pellegrini & now Pep's tenure, that the teams are 'so good' a player needs to be as good as Aguero to get in it.

So let's just discard everyone who isn't.

The truth is: you should be that good if you want to stay in the team, but you don't have to be anywhere near that good just to get games, because, obviously, the team is fucking good!

That's why we could have Zinchenko at fullback, because the team is fucking briliant not because he is a reincarnation of Roberto Carlos.

Needs 2 games for a Premier league medal
Ideal for a game against West ham him and Foden..

Am I the only person right in thinking you're referring to Diaz signing here and not Stones leaving as everyone else is suggesting?

Or am I wrong? :O
your absolutely right mate, the timing of the post was just inconvenient that someone saying stones would leave was right above it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.