Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
He did ok,one or two moments of brilliance but he still tends to make the wrong choice more often than not.He'll learn though from experience like this and i'm sure he'll be a big player in a couple of years.

Definitely needs a loan though.

Thought that was his best preseason game by far last night, although he did lapse back into running into trouble in the 2nd half a bit. Personally I think he’s only got a few days to make a decision now, cos I can’t see City losing him for nowt next summer. He either signs a new deal or he goes, and the latter would be a real disappointment. You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear, so when you’ve actually got a silk purse you should do all you can to keep hold of it. All down to Brahim now

If it’s about minutes, he needs to mature, and that doesn’t happen playing 5 minutes per month at City.

First thing he has to learn is that he is not as good as he appears to think he is. While he has skills, so does everyone in the big time. What he lacks is the knowledge of when to give it up and when to keep it. Pep’s teams LIVE on not giving the ball away cheaply. In fact, it isn’t my main knock on Sterling, too....not giving the ball to a teammate soon enough and going again for the return.

Anyway, clearly a talent, but (for me) he would be best served heading to Girona and spending a season with maximum game time and learn his trade. At the top level, it is less about industry and more about nous. He has plenty of the former and not enough of the latter, at this stage in his development, IMHO.

Yep, good shout

Thought that was his best preseason game by far last night, although he did lapse back into running into trouble in the 2nd half a bit. Personally I think he’s only got a few days to make a decision now, cos I can’t see City losing him for nowt next summer. He either signs a new deal or he goes, and the latter would be a real disappointment. You can’t make a silk purse out of a sow’s ear, so when you’ve actually got a silk purse you should do all you can to keep hold of it. All down to Brahim now
I agree.

New 3 year deal and spend a year of it in Girona,impress and come back.I guess it depends on him,and probably of more concern,outside influences.....of which there will be a good few.At 18 i see no need for him to be rushing off elsewhere,but big ideas,money and 1st team promises could easily persuade him different - just ask Jadon.

I’ve always thought Diaz has got better potential than Foden and I still think that’s the case after a couple of years. I said in the post match thread that Diaz performances show that he’s barely got any first team experience, he makes the wrong decision more often than not. But he still stood out in the first half last night. Desperately needs a loan because he isn’t going to get sufficient minutes at City.

i think he needs a loan move or just to leave. he isn't going to get the game time at city. with a fully fit squad he doesnt even make the bench and i think foden is ahead of him. he needs to think about his development. playing the odd cup game here and there isn't enough.

Reminds me of Kinky , his scurrying style and the way he ghosts past players if he can improve his finishing and final ball he could be every bit as good as Georgi , no pressure then :)

needs at least a year away to learn his craft, wouldn't mind putting a buyback in 2bh, I just don't see a spot for him and he's not at starting role level

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.