Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ll humour you and laugh then. Hahaha.

Well that is irrelevant bollocks too.

But the reason I was joking thst your other post is total bollocks is because it replies to a bollocks question, with a bollocks question.

People keep asking the 'would you rather' thing & it has no meaning.

Last season someone could have asked 'would you rather win two trophies or have Zinchenko play x number of games at fullback, or would you rather win the League Cup or give Bravo some games.

Every so often someone asks it.

Well that is irrelevant bollocks too.

But the reason I was joking thst your other post is total bollocks is because it replies to a bollocks question, with a bollocks question.

People keep asking the 'would you rather' thing & it has no meaning.

I deliberately answered a bollocks question with an even more bollocks question - albeit ironic bollocks - in order to demonstrate its bollocky bollocks nature. Life is bollocks and so is this forum if you rest your bollocks on its arse for too long.

I deliberately answered a bollocks question with an even more bollocks question - albeit ironic bollocks - in order to demonstrate its bollocky bollocks nature. Life is bollocks and so is this forum if you rest your bollocks on its arse for too long.

That's why I was joking rather than just calling it bollocks.

What do you think that Foden learned in his 10mins cameo against Huddersfield? Neither him or Pep would’ve learned anything from it. And it’s not about prioritizing young players over results. It’s actually possible to both play young players and win games.

I have no idea what he learned in that instance or what Pep did but if he was given specific instructions when he came on, Pep will have seen whether he carried them out and Foden will have had a go at putting them into practice in a real fixture and will have encountered new players as opponents.

Every minute on the pitch is a chance to learn for these kids; it doesn't mean they will learn something from every minute but whether they get 10, 20, 30 minutes or more, they should be learning whenever they step out there.

It's really not a tricky concept but if you don't accept that, so be it.

I have no idea what he learned in that instance or what Pep did but if he was given specific instructions when he came on, Pep will have seen whether he carried them out and Foden will have had a go at putting them into practice in a real fixture and will have encountered new players as opponents.

Every minute on the pitch is a chance to learn for these kids; it doesn't mean they will learn something from every minute but whether they get 10, 20, 30 minutes or more, they should be learning whenever they step out there.

It's really not a tricky concept but if you don't accept that, so be it.
It's not an opinion that I have, it's straight up facts. I worked for years as a coach in youth football and am now working as a full-time football coach. The difference between youth football (The EDS) and senior football is apart from the atmosphere in the grounds the tactical part of the game and the much higher pace (technical and physical). When we're three goals up with ten minutes to go he won't learn more playing those ten minutes rather than playing an EDS game. Because the only real tactical instruction will be to keep the ball and the opponents will rarely contest for it as they are happy to not concede more goals. It's also a very slow pace to the game as our only interest is to avoid injuries and keep possession, and as I said the opponents will be happy to let us have the ball as long as we're not threatening. And if we would advance up the pitch they still wouldn't approach us as they would when the game was tied as they have in their minds already accepted the defeat.

So yes, Pep might see if Foden/Diaz follows his instructions or not, but those instructions will for the most part be so basic that it won't develop them as a footballer.

It's not an opinion that I have, it's straight up facts. I worked for years as a coach in youth football and am now working as a full-time football coach. The difference between youth football (The EDS) and senior football is apart from the atmosphere in the grounds the tactical part of the game and the much higher pace (technical and physical). When we're three goals up with ten minutes to go he won't learn more playing those ten minutes rather than playing an EDS game. Because the only real tactical instruction will be to keep the ball and the opponents will rarely contest for it as they are happy to not concede more goals. It's also a very slow pace to the game as our only interest is to avoid injuries and keep possession, and as I said the opponents will be happy to let us have the ball as long as we're not threatening. And if we would advance up the pitch they still wouldn't approach us as they would when the game was tied as they have in their minds already accepted the defeat.

So yes, Pep might see if Foden/Diaz follows his instructions or not, but those instructions will for the most part be so basic that it won't develop them as a footballer.

He (Diaz) took a couple of right clatterings in his all too brief cameos last season (West Brom and Cardiff), so he might have learned something from his experiences......

I'm surprised you are saying that as a football coach because pretty much every football manager or player I've ever heard talk about it, says the opposite.

I'm surprised you are saying that as a football coach because pretty much every football manager or player I've ever heard talk about it, says the opposite.
What are they saying? Haven't heard anyone I met or worked with say the opposite.

It's been pretty much a lifetime cliché in top level football "I learned more in ten minutes playing with x, than in 100 reserve games" etc.

I've never heard it questioned tbh.
Oh yeah and that's in many ways true. And when "leaving" youth football for senior football that's a good way to integrate them. But imo Foden and Diaz have been a part of this squad long enough as being good enough so they don't need these ten minutes to just get a taste of top level football. Their sub appearances against Southampton last season were amazing for both of them despite it only being 10-15 minutes. The crowd was really alive, the game was tied and we really wanted to win the game to reach 100 points. Compare that game and to the one Foden got against Huddersfield for example, or to 90% of the games they have featured in. Looking at Foden or Diaz I'd say they won't learn anything more by getting short cameos in dead games. They need to be put under pressure, both mentally and by the opponents and crowd to develop their mental, technical and physical attributes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.