Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would seem like a good time to extend and renew his contract,with Sterling playing hardball. He could easily replace him in a couple of years. Sterling was given game time when at Pool and younger than Diaz that's the difference.
Diaz and foden could be given game time when we are 2 or 3 goals up no problem.

Would seem like a good time to extend and renew his contract,with Sterling playing hardball. He could easily replace him in a couple of years. Sterling was given game time when at Pool and younger than Diaz that's the difference.
Diaz and foden could be given game time when we are 2 or 3 goals up no problem.

I dont think bringing youngsters on when the game is well won proves anything. To show their worth, IMO they need to be playing when the game is still t be won and the rest of the team are playing like that. We have seen many times when we have simply played ball retention in the last 10-15 mins.

So, the question for me is are they ready to start or come on as an impact sub, when we need to grind something out?

to be fair, by all accounts we were desperate to loan him to Girona for playing time but he wouldn't go. can't feel too sorry for him if it backfires. i believe that he wants to stay but i just think he'd have been better off going to spain for a year to play some games and then coming back with a realistic chance of getting in the team. As is, he's another kid that, rightly or wrongly, isn't ready to play in our team according to Pep

It was a strange move imo to turn down playing time at Girona unless he already had a deal lined up elsewhere..

I’m pretty sure the loan was dependent on him signing a new contract. There’s no way the club would let a player in the last year of his contract go on loan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.