Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great natural ability and he's physically ready for more game time in the PL, I think.

Surely we must have indication that he is going to sign it, otherwise surely we would have sold him

Unless he is playing the club along and wants to leave for free for big sign on fee? Doesn't seem like that type of character but in football you never know.

So deadline day came and went, but - as far as we know - still no contract signed. Anyone got a view on what the plan might be.....?

Surely we must have indication that he is going to sign it, otherwise surely we would have sold him

Unless he is playing the club along and wants to leave for free for big sign on fee? Doesn't seem like that type of character but in football you never know.

The window is only closed in England. There's still 3 weeks for him to sign a new deal and go on loan or to not sign a deal and stay.

I don't think anyone can really blame him for his stance, Joe Hart must be the last player to go on loan and come back into the first team, and he'll have seen many players sign new deals and not get anywhere.

If he holds off on the new deal, best case scenario he gets played enough to convince him to sign, or worst case scenario, plays EDS for a year before getting a move to a club who'll play him most weeks. And he's such a high profile kid I'm sure he'll have his pick of good clubs.

The window is only closed in England. There's still 3 weeks for him to sign a new deal and go on loan or to not sign a deal and stay.

I don't think anyone can really blame him for his stance, Joe Hart must be the last player to go on loan and come back into the first team, and he'll have seen many players sign new deals and not get anywhere.

If he holds off on the new deal, best case scenario he gets played enough to convince him to sign, or worst case scenario, plays EDS for a year before getting a move to a club who'll play him most weeks. And he's such a high profile kid I'm sure he'll have his pick of good clubs.

Ah, hadn’t thought of that. I’m hoping - based on his “very happy” Instagram post the other day - that he’s agreed to a new deal in principle (not to go on loan, but to stay), and that club and agent are just sorting out the fine print. Like Foden, I thought his Charity Shield performance was seamless. Losing him for nowt would be a real kick in the teeth given his profile and ability

Reactions: OB1
We need him to stay, he's in our 2nd XI

Brahim - G.Jesus - Sterling
Bernardo - Foden
Delph - Gundogan - Danilo
CB / CB
Bravo​

Hopefully he gets enough encouragement in terms of minutes early in the season, esp. cup comps, to make him sign a new contract. I'm 100% sure he really wants to stay but obviously he also wants to play

I have no idea why he’d ever sign a new deal given this exact circumstance. Why wouldn’t you want complete and total control over your future as a complete free agent? At the very least you sign the deal after you exhaust all options.

I have no idea why he’d ever sign a new deal given this exact circumstance. Why wouldn’t you want complete and total control over your future as a complete free agent? At the very least you sign the deal after you exhaust all options.

I suspect upper management may force an ultimatum upon eventually, like I feel they probably did with Sancho (sign or no preseason tour I think it was).

If I can make any assumption based off how the club have handled player acquisition and management over the recent years (definitely since Pep arrived), is that we're not a club that negotiates outside of its own terms. Whilst it might not be any time soon, I think as soon as the club realises a point is coming up where Diaz takes the power they'll make sure any resolution happens prior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.