Brahim Diaz - 2018/19 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suspect upper management may force an ultimatum upon eventually, like I feel they probably did with Sancho (sign or no preseason tour I think it was).

If I can make any assumption based off how the club have handled player acquisition and management over the recent years (definitely since Pep arrived), is that we're not a club that negotiates outside of its own terms. Whilst it might not be any time soon, I think as soon as the club realises a point is coming up where Diaz takes the power they'll make sure any resolution happens prior.

If we’re taking it a step further here then I think you’re pretty much spot on. The ultimatum line sounds harsh but we did take that stance with Jadon like you’ve said. This is such an awkward spot for the club and for the player. Usually I can spot the middle ground for what the fairest outcome is from a neutral perspective but with this one I have no idea what’s best for either side.

Ah, hadn’t thought of that. I’m hoping - based on his “very happy” Instagram post the other day - that he’s agreed to a new deal in principle (not to go on loan, but to stay), and that club and agent are just sorting out the fine print. Like Foden, I thought his Charity Shield performance was seamless. Losing him for nowt would be a real kick in the teeth given his profile and ability

City without doubt need this guy signed up to a new, lengthy contract. He now looks truly ready to be part of the first team squad, one of our four main wide men (with Bernie moving centre field).

If we’re taking it a step further here then I think you’re pretty much spot on. The ultimatum line sounds harsh but we did take that stance with Jadon like you’ve said. This is such an awkward spot for the club and for the player. Usually I can spot the middle ground for what the fairest outcome is from a neutral perspective but with this one I have no idea what’s best for either side.
A 1 year extension with a clause that states he will receive 1000mins + of first team football either against Premier League teams in any competition or Champions league.
If clause isnt met Diaz leaves for €6-10m.
If clause is met a new contract will be offered
I think its the only option the club have if they want to keep him.

City without doubt need this guy signed up to a new, lengthy contract. He now looks truly ready to be part of the first team squad, one of our four main wide men (with Bernie moving centre field).
I've always thought he played best behind the striker. When did he start playing on the wings?

Needs to go on a good loan now to develop further. He will get cup games here but can’t see him featuring in the prem match day squad. We are too deep, he didn’t make thenarsenal bench and we were missing Merlin, delph and Danilo.

It was Dortmund last week? What's prompted the change of heart?

I just want him to sign new contract and develop and that only happen if he play a lot next season.

Regardless if its Dortmund or Girona, but with Girona it will be nice to see City youngsters together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.