Brahim Diaz (signed for Real)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their manager went to Sevilla so maybe they will play a different system which has wingers in it for the season. The problem for Moreno etc was the 5atb formation, no space in attack.

As would I. You want Phil there too?
No, he should stay with the squad. He'll get more game time than Diaz will once Mahrez comes in and while Diaz is a different type of forward to any of the current squad Foden has Merlin here to learn from.

I would honestly wait before sending our highly rated youth to Girona, maybe till January. See how the new manager gets on then fill any weak spots and go from there.

Also wouldn’t send Brahim or Phil to Leeds because while Bielsa is there and is someone Pep respects greatly, I fear he won’t be given the proper amount of time to actually develop the team because of results.
If Leeds don’t give Bielsa the players he needs to get the best out of his system he will still force the issue and when Leeds are sitting in the bottom half of the table he will be sacked and our kids will be stuck with a generic regulation savior that won’t get them ready for Pep.

Would actually love to send Brahim and or Phil to Ajax and see how they perform in that environment and try to create some sort of partnership.

It’s funny to me to hear lads talking as if these two (Diaz and Foden) should just walk into any team that wants to take them on loan.

If only the world worked the way City fans think it should.

Both players need to grow into men a bit, and the rough and tumble of the Championship might better serve them than a trip to Spain to not play every week and soak up the sun.

It’s funny to me to hear lads talking as if these two (Diaz and Foden) should just walk into any team that wants to take them on loan.

Both players need to grow into men a bit, and the rough and tumble of the Championship might better serve them than a trip to Spain to not play every week and soak up the sun.

Absolutely

I would honestly wait before sending our highly rated youth to Girona, maybe till January. See how the new manager gets on then fill any weak spots and go from there.

Also wouldn’t send Brahim or Phil to Leeds because while Bielsa is there and is someone Pep respects greatly, I fear he won’t be given the proper amount of time to actually develop the team because of results.
If Leeds don’t give Bielsa the players he needs to get the best out of his system he will still force the issue and when Leeds are sitting in the bottom half of the table he will be sacked and our kids will be stuck with a generic regulation savior that won’t get them ready for Pep.

Would actually love to send Brahim and or Phil to Ajax and see how they perform in that environment and try to create some sort of partnership.

Best mate is a Leeds fan and he's adamant they won't sack Bielsa unless they really are in shitter. He's on 60k a week and previously their wage structure was a max of 15k. Their owner has looked at what Pep has done here with a vision and what Wolves have done with spending the money and decided to go hell for leather down that path.

Think it would be a good move for Diaz especially, they have no wingers and are only being linked with CAM/ST types at the mo.

As to Ajax/PSV they have their own youth so ours never play, Zinchenko case in point, and we can't create a partnership with another team in the Eriedivisie.

Foden, being more of a CM than Brahim, will benefit more from staying with Pep to perfect his positional play.

Brahim on the other hand, esp. given his height, would benefit more from playing against men and mature tactics (as opposed to the U23 league). The Championship would be more physical but playing in Spain he'd face better tactics, not to mention better players. Maffeo succeeded at Girona and I've little doubt that Brahim would too, he's better than anyone we've sent there and he's a fighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.