Brahim Diaz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you mean Brahim Abdelkader?

He's in that age group which is extremely difficult to get information about, and he would have only joined us last month. Maybe Nelly's Left Foot and others could shed some light on him?

I remember seeing some extremely promising articles about him before he joined, stating that Barca were thinking that he was a long term replacement for Messi and were apoplectic when we poached him

He played in the recent Qatar U16 tournament and despite only being 14 playing against mostly 15 and 16 year olds (he's maybe small for 14) looked like the real deal.
He's really comfortable on the ball to say the least although at only 14 who knows how he'll develop. One to watch for sure.

Huge obvious potential, technique and natural ability. Along with Manu Garcia and Will Patching he stuck out in the Qatar tournament.

It's a question of whether we can nurture and develop that. If we're honest our track record is not great, but the set-up is different now.

To be honest, I thought he looked a bit out of his depth at the U16 tournament, on a physical level (given his age, not surprising). His dribbling and touch was fantastic though, but he clearly tired a lot quicker than the other players. His vision for passes was excellent, but his actual passing let it down a bit (quite possibly due to being tired). Very promising though, as the things he struggled with are the things that are easily improved, whereas his strengths are the things that are much harder to teach. Who knows how good he could be in 5 years if he gets his head down and works and develops physically.

That african kid tho, damn he looked awesome. Pretty sure it was Ernest Agyiri.. damn i hope we have him signed up!

spinzer said:
That african kid tho, damn he looked awesome. Pretty sure it was Ernest Agyiri.. damn i hope we have him signed up!

He was excellent but I suppose it's difficult to judge how much of that was down to him being physically better than the others. He is clearly a very talented footballer as well, but he seemed to have the edge in running power, which was one of the reasons he stood out. Whether that will still be the case when he's older is hard to tell, but if he is still standing out like that at 18, he will be worth an absolute fortune.

Neville Kneville said:
spinzer said:

He was excellent but I suppose it's difficult to judge how much of that was down to him being physically better than the others. He is clearly a very talented footballer as well, but he seemed to have the edge in running power, which was one of the reasons he stood out. Whether that will still be the case when he's older is hard to tell, but if he is still standing out like that at 18, he will be worth an absolute fortune.
But do you know if we have him signed? Im quite sure he was one of the lads who was listed as trial on the squad, but not 100%.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.