Brandon Barker for Navas?

For all the positive performances in the under 18's and eds manuel watches him in training with senior players as with all the other youth players who train with the senior team and will know when they are ready to make the step up.

g180aj said:
Lmarkham-blueblood said:
Didn't get to watch the match. Did he play well?
Basicly started and played the first half which was largely uneventful and replaced after the break, ambrose come on second half and was stretchered off after 8 mins. Evans however who is the least talked about out of the four youth players on the trip played second half and had a stormer.
Saw Evans partner Barry in midfield a couple of seasons ago and had high hopes for him.my mate who knows his football at crewe didn't think he would make it ,didn't he go for a trail at Melbourne ? Playing as a centre half ?

cibaman said:
It does seem that there's a touch of "flavour of the month" about this thread. Pozo was given 20 mins against Sheffield Wednesday and did very well. He then played out of position for a couple games during our striker crisis. He didn't do badly but was clearly not completely suited to the role he had to play.

Now it seems that on Bluemoon Pozo has been forgotten, the campaign is to get Barker in the team. Surely, if we're serious about junior development, Pozo is still at the front of the queue? What would it do for his development if Barker suddently leap frogs over him? What message would that send out to the other juniors? Play a couple of times for the first team and you're on the scrapheap? If any of the juniors are to start (and realistically its only going to be one of them) it has to be Pozo.

Or is Pozo injured?

Pozo has lost a bit of confidence due to being fucked about playing with his back to goal in the first team vs 32 year old gorillas & never given a chance in his actual position.

He had a very poor game last weekend.

Barker should have been on instead of Sinclair 2nd half to continue getting used to playing with/against first team players & should get on the pitch v Boro. If we'd done this earlier he would already be starting to look comfortable

I'm not sure either way, but out of curiosity I checked the respective starts for three Premier League youngsters currently in vogue.

Sterling made his Premier League debut for Liverpool at the age of 17 in March 2012.
Kane made his Premier League debut for Tottenham at the age of 19 in August 2012.
Wilson made his Premier League debut for United at the age of 18 in March 2014.

Wilson was relatively recent, but the other two seem to have benefited from a gradual introduction and slowly improved.
Kane actually started in a meaningless Europa League game the previous year, but then had loan spells at Orient and Millwall.

Barker isn't 19 till October so as a benchmark he is more or less on track.

He looked fairly comfortable in the match this evening! Should get a run the weekend ! What a pass from evans for the first goal though!

I think they fucked up today, Barker should have stayed on a bit longer, instead of effectively being replaced by Ambrose as the EDS player in attack. Obviously no one knew Ambrose would get injured, but Scott Sinclair (who gets worse by the game btw) got more playing time which is plain wrong.

They should have given him some feedback at half time and then allowed him 15 minutes to show some improvement. As it is, we don't know anything more about Barker than we did this morning. But then again I'm not sure the club are that bothered about blooding youngsters just yet, a year or 2 maybe they will be.

mansour's tow ropes said:
I think they fucked up today, Barker should have stayed on a bit longer, instead of effectively being replaced by Ambrose as the EDS player in attack. Obviously no one knew Ambrose would get injured, but Scott Sinclair (who gets worse by the game btw) got more playing time which is plain wrong.

They should have given him some feedback at half time and then allowed him 15 minutes to show some improvement. As it is, we don't know anything more about Barker than we did this morning. But then again I'm not sure the club are that bothered about blooding youngsters just yet, a year or 2 maybe they will be.

You haven't the first clue why he was substituted

couldn't really say if barker is good enough or not as not really seen him play much

but one thing is for certain is that i would drop navas straight away....been extremely poor for most of the season and has really cost us in a number of games......gets into good positions but then delays his crosses or doesn't get it past the first man (usually due to delaying the cross.)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.