Brandon Barker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree completely. And well done to him.

I was whinging about him not being picked in that England group, so also it's about time imo.

If he keeps progressing as expected, Barker is a player who imo could be fast tracked into our first team squad. Not been starting in the EDS recently. Should be. Make room for him.

From what I have seen on tape he has tremendous attacking skills. I actually think he is potentially a better version of Adam Johnson.

I agree with Nev if he continues to progress he could go a long way with our club.

jollylescott said:
From what I have seen on tape he has tremendous attacking skills. I actually think he is potentially a better version of Adam Johnson.

I agree with Nev if he continues to progress he could go a long way with our club.
Adam Johnson, yeah, he can easily be compared to him! Lets just hope his talent brings him further then that, but in all honesty, if he makes it to his level that would be pretty decent :p

jollylescott said:

That's my opinion as well. He looks comfortable on either foot and has the pace Johnson lacked

the problem for him and any talent we have is unless they are ready made, top class they won't get into the team.

Cheadle_hulmeBlue said:
the problem for him and any talent we have is unless they are ready made, top class they won't get into the team.

That's not really a problem. If they go out and loan and prove themselves to be top young players, they come back and take a squad place. The real problem is, none have done that in recent years. Guidetti was the closest (and City had plans for him), then ate some uncooked chicken at the end of his Feyenoord spell and the rest is history.

It just takes one of them to go out on loan in a good league, stand out, and City will try and implement them because that is what City seem desperate to do. It's just, who has proven to be a truly high-end young talent in recent years? Think of players like Pogba, Hazard, Barkley, Sterling at the ages of 19-21... we haven't had anyone who has really stood out in a top league in that age group since Sturridge. Not one young player we've let go has ended up at a top club except Sturridge and Suarez (we had no choice here and even he has been farmed out for 2 years on loan). There was some unrest when we sold Weiss and he is playing in Qatar now.

Maybe Lopes will be the next.

Weiss was a fantastic talent but dumb & greedy as fuck. Great pity.

Soon enough, we will start to bring one or two kids into the first team setup. We have been under too much pressure & the kids on the whole haven't been good enough to get in regularly.

The best kids don't have to be as good as our best players now, just good enough to make an impact here & there, & not let us down. Obviously a centre back or keeper is a special case & can't be risked the same as a winger, but I doubt Devante Cole for instance would be a disaster coming on if we are 3 up at home. I recon he, & we, would love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.