Break down of the season 2019-20

Shit season, every time we were pushed we squeaked. Apart from Atalanta and Real Madrid we didn't manage to overcome a serious team. I hope it change for us the rest of CL games.
It wasn't though was it?
It wasn't score 10 goals at home all season shit and 3 of those were in one game!

I give this season 8.5 out of 10.

The league is always far and away the most important thing. We can’t win it every year so finishing 2nd with 81 points in an off year is pretty good going. We’ve won the league cup and got to the semis of the fa cup - undreamt of riches for blues of a certain generation. The further bastardised CL is totally irrelevant to me, win or lose I don’t regard it as important in defining our season. We’ve won a huge victory in the court, warding off an almost existential threat - the future looks bright.

Just mulling over a few stats for us in the league this season, though I am not sure they can be correct?

100 Top flight goals for a RECORD fifth time, the first two in the 1930s and 1950s!!!!.... surely not,we only came to be in 2008 didnt we???
K D B involved in more prem goals than any other player this season!.... Nooo,Henderson is far better, he has more swearing at refs without a booking!
Ederson with the golden glove...... WTF!!! our defence is rubbish, Alison must get that! he has the best CB EVER in front of him.
....Plus best GD, most goals, etc etc.

A couple of injuries and a lack of consistency (in ours and vars performances),have crippled our campaign. Plus, teams just wont come out against us, and without that little bit of help from the officials on the 50/50s it can be difficult to break em down. Even if you class this as a dissapointing campaign, we still entertain with our football, and thats worth something. A couple of decent transfers incoming, improvement from our more recent buys like Rodri/Cancelo, and Foden/Garcia stepping up and next years post season thread could be epic.

Liverpool just unstoppable.

We fucked up too many games ourselves.

Top players not performing ang going missing.

That said, we had two awesome seasons before that, so let's look forward to next season.

Our bare minimum should be 1 trophy a season, so our season has been acceptable, but not great. That could still change with the CL.

Normally we wouldn't be happy with just a League Cup, but with the unprecedented success we've enjoyed the last two years, it's okay.

City’s stated aim is to win everything. Now whilst that is pretty unlikely at least one trophy and a good 2nd is decent in my book

*But we aren’t a good second, we fell well short. LC, 2nd in the league an FA semi is below par, I think but semis or beyond of the CL would improve that

*This isn’t a criticism, just an observation as there was bound to be a drop off what has been achieved recently

It'll be interesting to hear Khaldoon's take on the season in his annual interview with Chris Bailey. UEFA and CAS might get a passing mention! Though we won't be seeing that for several weeks, I'd imagine.

If we scored half of our chances we win the league.

If we defended properly & replaced vinny we win the league

Reminded me a lot of pep's first season, we dominate but teams seem to score that on chance against us, or we miss an early one then struggle to score for the rest of the game.

The highs were very high, some great football and great goals scored. But ultimately we paid the price for a lack of adequate cover at CB, with Vinny going and laporte injured, we were far too exposed to player fitness and form, and pretty much every other player in that position wasn't the complete player - you need the leader in each unit and we didn't have that defensively.

Aside from that, been laughable / soul destroying to watch var used to manipulate the game. The time issues are one thing, but there has without doubt been selective reviewing of incidents and inconsistencies, plus calls that the people using var got plain wrong. You could even say villa stayed up because the goal line technology failed, so not a proud season for technology by any stretch.

Can't win it every year, much as we'd like to. I think most level headed people can see there was a var swing to create a gap at the top,sure we didn't help ourselves but next season Liverpool can't win so many games by a single goal, it's not realistic without intervention.

FA Cup summed it up for me, capable of so much more and should have done better, just didn't turn up that day. It HAS to be every game, we know that, relentless pressure and motivation, we faltered too many times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.