Break in, insurance claim

FisHman99

Garage got broken into last night, scum stole my bike and drill, anyone got any experience in claiming on house insurance?
Is it worth it in regards to premiums going up? And how much do you get back? My bike was £750 when bought.
Can't speak to my insurance company till I get my crime reference number.

Receipt for bike & drill?

Take into account wear & tear, if you have an excess and that premiums will go up before contacting the Insurance.

Receipt for bike & drill?

Take into account wear & tear, if you have an excess and that premiums will go up before contacting the Insurance.

I've got a online receipt for the bike, but the drill was bought a while ago, can you only claim if you have a receipt?
Thanks for the reply

Won't be worth the claim mate imo

Shit and sad to say but by the time they have finished you will get fuck all in comparison to the hike in next year's premiums.

Garage got broken into last night, scum stole my bike and drill, anyone got any experience in claiming on house insurance?
Is it worth it in regards to premiums going up? And how much do you get back? My bike was £750 when bought.
Can't speak to my insurance company till I get my crime reference number.

Cunts, aren't they!

I wouldn't worry about that, I think that is a conspiracy put out by insurance companies so no-one claims......If they do put up next time, just change. I don't remember our premiums going up

We were with E-sure and they were really helpful

I've got a online receipt for the bike, but the drill was bought a while ago, can you only claim if you have a receipt?
Thanks for the reply
Receipts will help to show the stuff was pricy rather than bargain basement stuff but, as I alluded to and others have said it'll probably not be worth it, you'll have paid them back over the next few years with increased premiums.

You'll probably get by without a receipt for the drill as long as they believe you. As you're not fabricating loads of missing items, and presumably aren't in habit of making claims, there's a strong chance they will believe you.

You should estimate current value of bike and drill, less your policy excess, to gauge whether its worth claiming.

If they ram your premium up next time, go elsewhere. It's generally best to shop around each year anyway unless you've a particular reason to stay.

You'll probably get by without a receipt for the drill as long as they believe you. As you're not fabricating loads of missing items, and presumably aren't in habit of making claims, there's a strong chance they will believe you.

You should estimate current value of bike and drill, less your policy excess, to gauge whether its worth claiming.

If they ram your premium up next time, go elsewhere. It's generally best to shop around each year anyway, unless you've a particular reason to stay.
Problem is the claim will go onto the shared database so all quotes will increase if the existing policy increases.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.