Breakaway European Super League

Status
Not open for further replies.

law74

With the CAS announcement due tomorrow (13th July), there is again talk that if we are totally exonerated, the G14 will leave UEFA to form a breakaway league.
Currently FIFA are the sole "guardians" of Association Football, with subsidiaries like UEFA, CONCACAF, African Confederation etc governing the game in their continents, with National Football Association's affiliated to the subsidiaries, and within the national FA,s regional and schools associations.
If the G14 decide to breakaway from UEFA then they will be outside the FIFA "footballing family".
If I recall correctly, when Kerry Packer set up his "alternative cricket" structure, the International Cricketing authorities banned all involved from all their games for a large number of years.
If FIFA allow an alternative game to be played, then they would be required to take strong action.
I could envisage a large press conference announcing that Nited, red Scouse, Bayern, Barca, Real etc will be forming their own league, "corporate partners" broadcasting etc.
If FIFA then announce the next day, anyone, corporation, players, officials, broadcasters etc involved will be barred from ALL competitions under the FIFA umbrella will be banned for a minimum of ten years, it would kill the breakaway stone dead.
Your son is offered a place at a Liverpool academy, but even though he is 11, knowing that if he registers, he could no longer play for his school?
If you advertise on MUTV you can't advertise at Droylsden or at the World Cup?
You play for Juve your international career is over?
Their under 15 team can only play 13 other clubs etc

Could this go the way of Rugby when Union demanded players remained amateur while League embraced professionalism?
Could be interesting times ahead.
Just hope that the result tomorrow morning is the correct one.

It wont be a very super league without the super teams in it, the league wouldn't work anyway it would be even more elitist than it it is now and the diversity would be missing with no giant killing etc.

It wont be a very super league without the super teams in it, the league wouldn't work anyway it would be even more elitist than it it is now and the diversity would be missing with no giant killing etc.

There isn’t a cat in hell’s chance that anything like that will happen, especially in this climate. Even in the event of a complete exoneration, there isn’t a viable need or solution to bring one about. I’m sure the football world is waiting for the decision and some transparency on the matter, but some kind of super league is way, way off the agenda (as it should be).

Not in the interests of PL clubs currently, and to be honest we'd be involved in it if it did happen (we might even be one of the driving forces based on the previous stories).

There isn’t a cat in hell’s chance that anything like that will happen, especially in this climate. Even in the event of a complete exoneration, there isn’t a viable need or solution to bring one about. I’m sure the football world is waiting for the decision and some transparency on the matter, but some kind of super league is way, way off the agenda (as it should be).

Imagine playing Barca one week Real the next week and Juve the week after, then rinsing and repeating? The people whispering this concept are obviously not fans because they don't quite get it. I'm in agreement with you it's what's called in local vernacular A Load Of Bollocks.

Imagine playing Barca one week Real the next week and Juve the week after, then rinsing and repeating? The people whispering this concept are obviously not fans because they don't quite get it. I'm in agreement with you it's what's called in local vernacular A Load Of Bollocks.
Would probably suit an Asian / US PPV audience though :-(

Owner of Juventus been pushing for this for a while because there's not a lot of money in Serie A

Would only work as a replacement for the Champions League.

No 'super club' would want to finish 10th every season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.