Breast Cancer

Mr Ed (The Stables)

It is the biggest killer of our beloved ladies in our lives, plus it also kills men. My wife was diagnosed in December 2006 and it's been an absolute horrendous journey of surgeries and treatments since. However my missus seems now to be through the worst of it, she is back at work, and slowly we are getting back to some form of normality. I urge all you guys out there to get the ladies in your life to check themselves out and if there is any doubt whatsoever, to go for a medical examination. On a positive note if it's detected early enough it's one of the most succesfully treated cancers.

Good to hear she's back on the mend.

My Mum and Nan had it at the same time, on the same ward in bed's next to each other. That was around 9 years ago now. Both survived.

Amen to that m8. I work at the christie and you should definitely listen to that mans words!

And while you're at it, you should check your own nuts too.. Could be the best thing you ever did (seriously).

Catch it early and you'll definitely survive, catch it late and you might not.

Ex Mrs and the mother of three of my wonderful children has just been diagnosed with this awful illness.
I don't know how to deal with this.. the oldest two (brother and sister) are aware and right now are together having finished work. My youngest son is 16, has high functioning but socially impairing autism and has his own health issues with severe scoliosis that is way overdue surgery.
How do I tell him, I've no idea. Just spoke to the mum and understandably she's off to the pub with her fella to get rat arsed ... she wants to tell our son herself tomorrow... I've just got to hide this Knowledge from him until then

Ex Mrs and the mother of three of my wonderful children has just been diagnosed with this awful illness.
I don't know how to deal with this.. the oldest two (brother and sister) are aware and right now are together having finished work. My youngest son is 16, has high functioning but socially impairing autism and has his own health issues with severe scoliosis that is way overdue surgery.
How do I tell him, I've no idea. Just spoke to the mum and understandably she's off to the pub with her fella to get rat arsed ... she wants to tell our son herself tomorrow... I've just got to hide this Knowledge from him until then

Sorry to hear that mate.

I hope it is treatable and if so I’d probably focus on the positives with you youngest - ie she’ll beat this.

Good luck to you all.

The messaging should reflect what has been found. If the tumour is small and they have caught it early then prognosis is normally pretty positive. Hopefully that’s the situation mate. I told my three (a bit older than your three) and kept it as factual as I could. Thankfully in my wife’s case they caught it early. Best wishes to all of you.

My mums just been diagnosed with it . Telling my daughter was a very emotional Time for me . I wish you all the best . I've got nothing but good things say about how fast Wythenshawe hospital have been . My mums in for the pre op in about ten days . Then the main op a week after .

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.