Brendan Rodgers was close to joining Roberto Mancini's Manchester City

I was told Rodgers name first came up when we were talking to Mourinho, who’d worked with him at Chelsea of course. The eye-gouger wanted him as part of the package. Dodged a hail of bullets there.
The good old days of hankering for the “Special One”, lmao.

2B4EE94100000578-3204170-image-m-19_1440029759168.jpg

The good old days of hankering for the “Special One”, lmao.
Just reading Ballague’s book on Pep and apparently when Barcelona were discussing the successor to Rijkaard, the short-list was Pep or Mourinho. Soriano & Begiristain were part of the group selecting the new manager and there was a split. They were all impressed with Mourinho from a football point of view but the majority felt that Jose’s habit of fighting his battles in the press was at odds with Barca’s culture. However Soriano argued in favour of JM over PG as he felt that his high profile would be “good for the brand”.

And people wonder why I have doubts about our CEO.

Christ.

Wouldn’t have put it past the shady git he’d have been promoted instead of us having pelligrini....

Just reading Ballague’s book on Pep and apparently when Barcelona were discussing the successor to Rijkaard, the short-list was Pep or Mourinho. Soriano & Begiristain were part of the group selecting the new manager and there was a split. They were all impressed with Mourinho from a football point of view but the majority felt that Jose’s habit of fighting his battles in the press was at odds with Barca’s culture. However Soriano argued in favour of JM over PG as he felt that his high profile would be “good for the brand”.

And people wonder why I have doubts about our CEO.

to be fair, Mourinho has declined significantly in 10 years.

to be fair, Mourinho has declined significantly in 10 years.
Indeed he has. I’ve met and spoken to a few people who knew him well in his first spell at Chelsea, including someone who had close contact with every PL manager at the time. All of them spoke very highly of him as a person, particularly the latter person who singled him out without a moment’s hesitation. Now he looks drawn and worn down and his whole manner suggests he’s very stressed, if not actually clinically depressed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.