Brentford Thread - 2021/22

How high could they realistically finish? they got some immensely talented players now around 22-25 years old.

It's nice to have 1 team up that are trying, albeit Watford are having a half-decent stab at it. Norwich should get a season's ban on being promoted for not trying over the summer to invest. If you're not going to try and stay up then the owners shouldn't be able to pocket the cash.

11 years ago they got beat by Carlisle Utd at Wembley in the lower league cup.

What a difference a decade makes.

Matthew Benham loaned them money and they didn't pay him back so he took control of the club, how lucky, can you imagine where they'd be if they paid him his loan money back lol

Interestingly Brighton's owner was his mentor but they fell out and he went his own way.

A great story for Brentford tbh

Proper money ball stuff and totally against the grain, will be interesting to see how they progress.

Last edited:
The article is a few years old now but plenty of what the owners were saying has come to pass. No wonder they have done so well with some very smart cookies running the show.
Very impressive.

They've certainly had a great start to life in the Premier League so far. Probably because no one really knows that much about their team and tactics.
Will be interesting to see where they're at by the time we go there late December.
Really hope I can get a ticket for that one!

Announced no kit renewal for next season to save their fans money.

Funnily enough I was thinking about this not long ago. What with climate change etc, wouldn’t surprise me if it’s compulsory at some point to go back to a new kit every other season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.