Brexit: New entry criteria agreed for EU players coming to England

I don't have enough knowledge of youth football, but I am guessing that the prem league will miss out on only a few, so am asking about the past as a guide. KdB left this country of course and came back as an adult. Garcia...will he be a star? Diaz, D.Suarez, Lopes, Weiss, mixed bag.
Cant pretend to know other clubs youth.
Pogba another who came back. Any Irish?
I think that there is a good one for decent journalists to do something useful instead of inventing or repackaging rumours. Pull a list together of PL regulars who were signed before 18, as a commentary peice on the changes (not really for any point to prove as such, just as analysis).

You used the word current, but i would say any in the PL era in this format should count. Fabregas, for example. Ronaldo maybe?

im sure there will be a few, but probably not any top top stars.

Bellerin perhaps. we signed jesus and sane very young but i think both were over 18. Balotelli might have been just under.

I think that there is a good one for decent journalists to do something useful instead of inventing or repackaging rumours. Pull a list together of PL regulars who were signed before 18, as a commentary peice on the changes (not really for any point to prove as such, just as analysis).

You used the word current, but i would say any in the PL era in this format should count. Fabregas, for example. Ronaldo maybe?

im sure there will be a few, but probably not any top top stars.

Bellerin perhaps. we signed jesus and sane very young but i think both were over 18. Balotelli might have been just under.
You're right of course, but none of the lazy twats will bother.

Not sure off the top of my head, but I would imagine quite a lot of the players from the Republic of Ireland would have been under 18 when they moved to English (or Scottish) clubs.
My reading of this is that it won't affect players from the four FIFA nations that make up the United Kingdom, which then opens up another conundrum, you could leave Northern Ireland as a 16 year old and prosper at a great youth academy, and then play for the Republics senior team, but your international teammates will have been deprived the same opportunity.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.