Brexit plan to limit players from abroad

Ric

Administrator
FA are proposing to reduce the number of overseas players in each 25-man squad to 12. Can't see the bigger clubs agreeing to that, would put them at a fairly big disadvantage when it comes to European competitions.

They can take a flying! It will kill the premier league stone dead for entertainment and therefore the brand they sell for billions worldwide.

FA are proposing to reduce the number of overseas players in each 25-man squad to 12. Can't see the bigger clubs agreeing to that, would put them at a fairly big disadvantage when it comes to European competitions.

I understand what they mean ref requirement for a work permit as is required currently by non-EU players. After all if you want to win back control of your own borders and control immigration and who comes here to work footballers would be treated no differently to doctors or bus drivers from the EU, they couldn't be. However why the arbitrary application of a 12 player rule?

I understand what they mean ref requirement for a work permit as is required currently by non-EU players. After all if you want to win back control of your own borders and control immigration and who comes here to work footballers would be treated no differently to doctors or bus drivers from the EU, they couldn't be. However why the arbitrary application of a 12 player rule?

I can’t imagine a work visa being hard to attain for a professional who could earn 400k a year.

I doubt very much there's a specific proposal to cut the numbers, more a necessary discussion about how it will operate.

Good. Every league should have limits on the number of foreign players in its squads.

And this will mean that clubs can't just be lazy and buy foreign players willy-nilly, they actually have to put the effort in to produce great English players. If clubs look closely enough there are actually a lot of great young English players around at the moment that don't get the opportunities to play that they should.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.