Brian Clough v Don Revie programme after Leeds sacking

Don Revie was a very strange man as well as being a money grabbing arse.

He used to personally lather his players on the treatment table.

My first memory of Clough was a few years later when he won the European cup. As for Don Revie I can’t remember him at all, so I can only assume the England job didn’t work out and he went downhill. I bet Cloughie revealed in his demise. If this interview was a setup then I thought he handled it well considering, the confidence he showed there was impressive but I suspect that deep down Brian had some self doubts and he needed Peter Taylor alongside him.

My first memory of Clough was a few years later when he won the European cup. As for Don Revie I can’t remember him at all, so I can only assume the England job didn’t work out and he went downhill. I bet Cloughie revealed in his demise. If this interview was a setup then I thought he handled it well considering, the confidence he showed there was impressive but I suspect that deep down Brian had some self doubts and he needed Peter Taylor alongside him.
The England job..... he left for the role of managing Saudi Arabia..... for the money money money......

I read previously that Revie was superstitious to the point of paranoia, and worried endlessly about money, being very insecure, he won't have earnt a fortune at Leeds back then.

Brian Clough is hard to categorise could be very arrogant,, but both were very successful in their playing and managerial careers.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.