Brian Marwood ?

salfordpaul

Whilst originally dismantling the most successfull Academy in the country and pensioning off a leader with a load of balony that hes in the far east un-earthing new gems,then convincing us of a new "holistic" approach to Academy life projecting that only the elite World Class footballer is required through our system ( not considering actually getting in our first team) & possibly flourishing to greatness or sold for handsome reward ( Fergie Style) , debuts not enough now we are looking for the next Messi whilst losing games aplenty and annual disappointment in cup comps notably the country wide prestigious FA Youth Cup, and " buying time" by claiming on defeat that winning isn't important at this level yet internally adopting a " must win" siege mentality and increasing the volume on this matter on winning games talking about unbeaten runs etc etc I pose this question ??? Is anyone else concerned ? Or seen through the facts that whist disappointment has annually grown and we are hoodwinked into thinking progress is being made at our club at youth level, should we now be looking at Brian Marwood who had his differences at senior level with The Manager, the board and some players and ask him in Five years why have you now sacked our third head of youth football if life and potential was so good? First Welsh, then Sadler and now Sellars ? It is impossible to have confidence in our Academy whilst such trauma and scapegoatism clearly exists despite best efforts to promote good news. We used to be the best, everyone knows that. Now we are middle order despite bigger budget and better facilities. Brian Marwood the problem perhaps ??? Discuss.

Our academy is becoming great and part of that includes unpopular dismissals of long-serving staff from an era where there were lower standards and expectations.

Many of these kids blow our 1998-2010ish bunch to bits, many of them are on a completely different level. Only Sturridge and maybe Johnson would be on par with some of these boys.

The sacking of Sellars does seem rather strange, but do we really know all the details and whether he could be an integral part of an academy that they want to match La Masia?

And how can anyone complain about the sacking of Andy Welsh? He was terrible and Vieira has, on every conceivable level, been a better coach for the reserves. Kids are improving and looking like proper footballers in a proper team, not a developmental system for League 1 and Championship sides like it has been for a number of years.

Long serving staff ? Sellars 5 years, Sadler 10 months, Welsh 3 years ??? Get a grip. How can it be " becoming great" ? When no league gets won, no youth cup semis or finals? No debuts? Maybe count Huws, great if you do coz Cassell signed him, and yet bigger wages and budgets are here now to acquire the best talent. If it is now as we accept harder to get in our first team? Then a HUGE point is being missed. If our first team AREN'T using our young players then naturally our reserve team and youth teams should be power packed with performances and results to go alongside as the best players aren't in our senior team. We are often beaten with a whimper and staff are being axed yet we are lead to believe that things are great. It was great. It's not now. And Liverpool chelsea Southampton Fulham are striding out, as are Everton and lots more whilst we are faltering and sacking staff. For me we have only one player with realistic claims to being a City player who cost nothing and again was signed by Cassell and that is Jordy Hiwulia who is a local lad been there years. I'm gonna admit to guessing here but I reckon we'd be about 11th in best Academy's and nobody fears us. We used to be the best for developing, winning and getting players into our first team. Half of Burnleys defence in prem league in a month, Sturridge young player of year and going to the world cup, Schmiechel prem league in 3 weeks, and people said previous regime didn't produce prem league players? City's Academy under previous has players all over Europe and all over the English leagues, I fear current set up may not get a debut or a sell on or a youth cup win again in our lives. Ps Sorry but I just feel its being mismanaged and we are nobody's fools and I am no longer a believer that things are going well.

This thread reminds me of my poorly mum who suffers with bi polar disorder.
A little bit random and hard to understand.
I just don't get it!!!

would have kept jim cassell he produced some great players, some of whom are turning out to be top players. and in my opinion better than what we are producing now players like sturridge, richards, trippier, schmiceal and johnson if he hadnt have got injured. the only player i can see making it now is lopes at a push huws.

hopefully with the investment we start to produce more quality players

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.