Brian Marwood's future in doubt / Frank Arnesen

I can confirm that this has been a story in danish papers for the last week.

I like the idea of spending a lot of resources on youth talent/academies, but i don't think he's the man for it, as he hasn't really developed anything for chelsea, despite seemingly being funded without limitations.

I also don't like the idea of him being sacked because of a bad relationship with Tevez and his bastard agent (if true). It sends out the wrong message regarding the players being above the club...

If we could upgrade with the man in charge of the scouting/academy developement from Ajax, Arsenal or in unrealistically Barcelona that is pretty much a no-brainer then.

Would not want to lose Marwood. Didn't he help to bring Adam Johnson to the club.

It seems to me that with the Chairman, Cook, Marwood and Mancini we have a team of people who share the vision, know what is needed and IMO will deliver.

Sounds like bullshit to me. The club have more class than to let a story like this leak to the press

BlueDejong said:
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/01/02/2286322/brian-marwoods-future-in-doubt-as-manchester-city-ponder

Brian Marwood's future in doubt as Manchester City ponder employing Chelsea's Frank Arnesen - report

Brian Marwood's future at Manchester City is believed to be in doubt, as the club reportedly want to bring in Chelsea's soon-to-be-former director of football, Frank Arnesen.

The Dane is thought to have played a pivotal role in bringing players such as John Obi Mikel and Salomon Kalou to Stamford Bridge. And with Carlos Tevez thought to be experiencing an irreparably damaged relationship with Marwood, there has been some speculation concerning his future.

Now The Mirror claims that the 54-year-old Arnesen is at the listening end of an offer from the Eastlands outfit, despite reportedly being touted to take up a position at Ajax at the end of the season, when he is due to part ways with Chelsea.

-

WTF...?

I am sure that Kalou was there before Arnesen and he and Mikel are hardly two mouth-watering signings.

From what I know of Marwood I am happy enough with him.

Load of poor media bollox. They have tried to undermine Bobby Manc. Gary Cook and every fucking player we have signed. Now it looks like its Brian Marwoods turn, how long before they start on Kiddo.Unless you read it on the MCFC OS its shite simple as!

Er... pivotal role in bringing Saloman Kalou? Judging by their forums, most Chelsea fans would be happy to see him gone.

No thanks, Chelsea's youth system is far from proven.

Great news if this is true and major coup if we can pull it off. Marwood at the end of the day is the union rep who got very lucky. Both him and Cook are the for Laurel and Hardy of the club would not shed a tear if either got the push. Arnesen is a world reknown football talent spotter just to name a few who fall off the tongue how about
Ronaldo (the real one)
Van Cheetleroy
Stam
Robben
Essein
Here's and article if you need more
http://www.epltalk.com/the-untouchable-frank-arnesen-26895

No disrespect but Adam Johnson great find by Marwood, but Frank's touch's have been on a different level to our Brian's so for.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.