Bridge in Champions League squad, Hargreaves not

LoveCity

Man City omit new signing Hargreaves from Champions League squad list
Ian Ladyman
Last updated at 11:12 PM on 1st September 2011

New signing Owen Hargreaves has been left out of Manchester City's Champions League squad that will be named on Friday.

Manager Roberto Mancini believes Hargreaves needs five or six weeks fitness work before being ready. But City will give places to unwanted left back Wayne Bridge, plus kids from the academy who cannot expect to play.

Hargreaves told the club website: 'It's important that you get back into a rhythm of playing football and I haven't done that for a while.'

LoveCity said:
Man City omit new signing Hargreaves from Champions League squad list
Ian Ladyman
Last updated at 11:12 PM on 1st September 2011

New signing Owen Hargreaves has been left out of Manchester City's Champions League squad that will be named on Friday.

Manager Roberto Mancini believes Hargreaves needs five or six weeks fitness work before being ready. But City will give places to unwanted left back Wayne Bridge, plus kids from the academy who cannot expect to play.

Hargreaves told the club website: 'It's important that you get back into a rhythm of playing football and I haven't done that for a while.'
That sounds a tad unprofessional.

truly amazing.

Hargreaves seems that might not be a choice of Mancini.

What does this mean? Even if Hargreaves does play in the CL, it won't be until the knockout stages (assuming we get that far)?

This doesn't mean he's barred from the entire CL right?

I cant believe it is such a big story that Hargreaves is out.

The guy has barely kicked a ball, why bother naming him if has no chance of playing of a game.

Mancini would not play someone has barely played competitive football for what 2 years in such important games. If we had a FC Cluj or something maybe but we dont so why take the risk?

Blue Haze said:
What does this mean? Even if Hargreaves does play in the CL, it won't be until the knockout stages (assuming we get that far)?

This doesn't mean he's barred from the entire CL right?
Exactly...

But I think there is a chance we'll be through to the knockout stages with one game remaining and he could have played on that one.

Anyway, when he get his fitness back he'll have a grater chance at being in the squad for the knockout stages...

CTID101 said:
I cant believe it is such a big story that Hargreaves is out.

The guy has barely kicked a ball, why bother naming him if has no chance of playing of a game.

Mancini would not play someone has barely played competitive football for what 2 years in such important games. If we had a FC Cluj or something maybe but we dont so why take the risk?
Yep.......I would consider it a bigger story if he had of been IN the squad tbh.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.