Bridge Not Good Enough

fbloke

I never thought I would be unhappy with it when City have Englands' second choice left back and I feel short changed.

I don't measure a player by what was paid for him, so it matters not a jot to me about Bridge's price or wage but I don't think he's good enough.

He is uni-pedal in the extreme and has yet to convince me he is fully effective either going forward or defending.

I think exactly the same about Liverpool's Johnson but he seems to be more effective going forward.

If I were MH I would certainly be on the look out for a replacement for Bridge, ideally one who can use both feet.

Looking at the way that City will be playing it is essential that whoever plays in the position has a lot of pace as we are going to pushing on a lot which will leave us open to the counter.

And before you ask, no I dont have any suggestions as to who the incomer should be.

Couldn't disagree more, i thought he has been excellent this season and I'm very happy with his performances.

Dont agree with OP think he has started the reason in top form probably more confident with the protection he receives from Barry and the fact he is playing regular first team football!

i think he is brilliant, last year was a bit dodgy but hasn't put a foot wrong yet mate imo

awesome said:
Couldn't disagree more, i thought he has been excellent this season and I'm very happy with his performances.

I also think he has been one of our best performers this year, he may be one footed, but so are many left sided players.

FatBloke, Bridge is miles better than Johnson in my opinion. Johnson is great going forward, but can't defend for toffee.

Wrighty Wrexham said:
Dont agree with OP think he has started the reason in top form probably more confident with the protection he receives from Barry and the fact he is playing regular first team football!

I agree with this.

fbloke said:
I never thought I would be unhappy with it when City have Englands' second choice left back and I feel short changed.

I don't measure a player by what was paid for him, so it matters not a jot to me about Bridge's price or wage but I don't think he's good enough.

He is uni-pedal in the extreme and has yet to convince me he is fully effective either going forward or defending.

I think exactly the same about Liverpool's Johnson but he seems to be more effective going forward.

If I were MH I would certainly be on the look out for a replacement for Bridge, ideally one who can use both feet.

Looking at the way that City will be playing it is essential that whoever plays in the position has a lot of pace as we are going to pushing on a lot which will leave us open to the counter.

And before you ask, no I dont have any suggestions as to who the incomer should be.
Good to know you are in such positive frame of mind today.

Strange post!
He has played very well this year, looks a lot fitter and faster to me, got himself forward well his crossing does let him down though..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.