Brief Encounters.

Had a brief encounter the other day.. I went to a supermarket.. it wasn't a super market, but it was ok. I bought some stuff, amongst which was a belt, I tried it on (small to medium) and then thought why take it off? I'll rip off the tag and pay for it at the till.
Anyway, I put other things in the basket and i gets to the till, and there's a blonde lady tending. Nobody sane would say this girl was ugly.. certainly too pretty to be arsing about at Asda..so it goes loaf of bread, bleep, paracetamol, bleep, bunch of flowers, bleep, vodka, bleep..
'What's this?'
'Oh, I bought a belt, I've got it on'
'Oh no problem, hehehe'

Bang! I get frequent leers at my gentleman's genital area and flashes of eye to eye.
I reckon I could go back and strike up a conversation, but, though clocking her name tag.. Hannah.. I couldn't pick her out of a line up... Plus nothing good could come of it anyway

When did I first post this? Six weeks ago?
And in that time I've yet to see her again. The street is literally 5 mins away and a small secluded street off a main road.
I continue my daily 7k dog walk and in that time I've seen lots of 'randos' I bump into on my walks.
Some a good couple of miles away but still see now and again. Old blokes (including a bloke I asked where about in Ireland he was from and he replied 'Lincolnshire'), other woman, dudes....Christ I've bumped into Justin Moorhouse twice in this time ffs.

It's not that I'm pining for her. I can't even remember what she looks like (it was a sunny day so she was wearing sunglasses and the *full veil).
Still chastising myself for not picking up the hint on the spot....a kind of L'esprit de l'escalier moment.

And of course, I know someone on the same small street (who like her, has two young daughters so they're bound to know each other). I could ask and take it from there, but it's a tad awkward.

The other woman who asked me to the gym fizzled too. Not sure why but I hesitated in agreeing to go ahead with it.
She obviously picked up on that (nothing worse than a woman scorned and all that) and it kind of slowed down before it expired. She was actually amazing to be fair, though not 100% on the compatibility.

Problem a couple of lessons in seizing the bull by the horns every time here.
Online dating is a somewhat of a chore sometimes.
Maybe I'm destined to traverse my journey alone after all, but I'll never jump into something for the sake of it.
That's important.

*this bit was made up

What's with all this side stepping and double talk?
I remember when I was given a girls phone number one time.
I was talking on the phone with her and told her that I was going to look at a car I was thinking about buying in the morning. She said, "whichever car you decide to buy, just make sure my head will fit between you and the steering wheel". A proper woman that knows what she wants and knows how to get it.
That's so she can vomit in your lap,saves messing the car up.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.