Brighton (A) Post Match thread - Champions!!!

I was sat next to 2 Greek blues (a father and son) from Corfu yesterday in with the home supporters (god knows how they'd managed to get those tickets), but they told me a rather sad tale about how they'd paid 1,500 euros to a US website for fa cup final tickets, travel and accommodation, but had been scammed.

Did anyone come across Jake from Colchester yesterday? He was off his nut, but latched on to my mate outside the ground after the final whistle. He told us that he didn't have a ticket and had been waiting outside the ground during the game. He was well paranoid and kept repeating that city fans hated him because he was from colchester, but his mum was from Didsbury. He was in a right state, and looked like he'd slept in a flour mill. Anyway, he drifted off and we didn't see him again, but just hope he was ok.

A good few hundred in the stand to the right of city end (as you face the pitch) and about 24 of us in the stand to the left. 20 by the end as they chucked 4 out :)
I quite liked the guy that was walking round in his St Marks top!!
Was no way I was going to risk missing the match doing something like that

I quite liked the guy that was walking round in his St Marks top!!
Was no way I was going to risk missing the match doing something like that

There were quite a few in St Marks tops. Cunning disguise if you ask me. Very few, if any, Brighton fans would have known that was a City top.

Is there anywhere can watch the full game again including the celebrations and lifting cup, the pub switched over all channels before getting to see it, and didnt see it at all on ssn

There were quite a few in St Marks tops. Cunning disguise if you ask me. Very few, if any, Brighton fans would have known that was a City top.
Imagine missing out tho if you had been sat next to a football expert.
We ended up next to a 6 ft y6 25 stone lad who wanted to now why we supported Brighton when we were from up north. Proper messed with his head when we were joining in with the Brighton. Songs :+)

What a magical day. 698 mile round trip in a day starting at 6am with standby flight from Toon. A certain City director was on board too...wonder where he was going ? Glad I got on flight as didn't fancy a 6 hour + car journey. Car hire from Heathrow, and then met up with Brighton cousins. Little car ride sitting high in the back seat of a open top Merc along the seafront, and passed the team hotel in the Marina. Avoided Talksh*te pre-game. The match itself was the ultimate for me. Great respect in the City end for Bruno and the Brighton walk around after the game. The atmosphere was unreal - I was in C block and only got my ticket Saturday evening. Had a good view of the stewards dragging the plonker out waving the Liverpool flag. The Murray goal helped us, and we simply went up the gears. I was there for 93:20, and yesterday confirmed for me as if I didn't know already that Typical City is 100% Dead, may it Rest in Peace. Stayed 'til just before 6pm, chilled drive back to airport listening to Talksh*te praising, errr not us ! Standby flight home and back for Match of the Day at 10:30. Carlsberg don't do title decider day trips, but if they did....

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.