Brighton (A) Post Match thread - Champions!!!

Cracking weekend away, although I'm still suffering a bit. It's a brilliant city Brighton, and the vast majority of their fans were great on the whole. Plenty of them offering their congratulations to us after the game, and loads stayed behind to watch us life the trophy which was a nice touch. Nice to see a few familiar Bluemooners at the ground, and also to meet a few new ones as well!

Awww, sorry I missed you Ric. Ages since I saw you, maybe at Wemberleeeee, because we're the great Man City and we're off to Wemberleeeee!!

Cracking weekend away, although I'm still suffering a bit. It's a brilliant city Brighton, and the vast majority of their fans were great on the whole. Plenty of them offering their congratulations to us after the game, and loads stayed behind to watch us life the trophy which was a nice touch. Nice to see a few familiar Bluemooners at the ground, and also to meet a few new ones as well!

I agree its a great City Ric, but for me, the night out we had in Southampton after last years Centurion game was far better and we had much more interaction with Saints fans than Seagulls after the match. In fact we spent much of Sunday night being harassed and followed by the Resolve Security flying squad, who kicked us out of every pub we went to for offences ranging from singing "too loudly" to "potentially" upsetting the residents. Kicked out of The Victory, kicked out of the Spoons on North St, kicked out of the Black Horse (which had bizarrely been booked for the night by Blues).

There was no violence, no threats, no damage, no glasses broken, but everywhere we went we were asked to leave. That was until we found a small back street pub who had football following owner who was happy to serve us until the small hours.

Very different to the Saturday night, when the Blues we met were far more "boisterous".

Anyway, who cares, we only went and won the league.

The landlord of the pub near the train station refused to let me pay for my round. I was getting the drinks in for a few Brighton fans and their dad who was a Liverpool fan. It couldn’t have worked out much better lol

Stop with the cheap shots,it's boring and pathetic.

Yes,Brighton fans showed some class at the end......but were they booing Walker every time he touched the ball or not?

Yup. They were. As we do to other players. That doesn't really matter though, it was in game. Throughout the whole weekend Brighton and their fans were a class act. We wouldn't have had that sort of respect at a few other grounds...even playing loads of City songs after the match.

You are in a senior position on this forum so maybe showing a little class every now and then when another teams fan pops on to say well done wouldn't hurt?

Staying incognito was very difficult, until Mahrez hit that magnificent strike into the corner of the net, all we blues in that corner of the ground with home fans went mental. One of the stewards near us was great, especially when a local fan in his late 50's with his little lad of about 6 started a foul mouthed rant at two of the biggest Irish lads supporting city, (one a former para), the steward to his credit told him to sit down and shut it, the ex para to his credit, just looked and chilled! Big shithouse, nothing to play for and thinking it's a cup final, what a knob! Great to celebrate with all the blues and some of the 'nicer' majority of Brighton fans. Truly epic moment in my life, to say 'we woz there' when we won the greatest Premier League race in history. Now we need to 'bury' once and for all that 'typical city' lead weight we have carried for donkeys years! We all need to focus on what is happening with these players through this incredible, amazing manager we have, and the way he gets across his philosophy through his player management, go behind don't panic, just play your game. No more Frank Clarke's, Steve Coppels, Alan Balls, and all those whom came before. This is our time, and it's going to last for years to come, so sit back, enjoy and grow your fingernails. Champions of England. Loving every minute of it!

I know I was sat in the Blackburn end opposite the City end in the 4-1 when we were promoted. I was sussed out about five minutes in but told so long as I didn't jump up when we scored I would be okay. I was getting a bit of ribbing as they went 1-0 up and were all over us but it was great to see all our goals go in at my end. The lad on my left was a blue as well so at least I had an ally. At the final whistle I was on the pitch and the party started, all my pent up emotion was let out.

Yup. They were. As we do to other players. That doesn't really matter though, it was in game. Throughout the whole weekend Brighton and their fans were a class act. We wouldn't have had that sort of respect at a few other grounds...even playing loads of City songs after the match.

You are in a senior position on this forum so maybe showing a little class every now and then when another teams fan pops on to say well done wouldn't hurt?
Twice now you have come out with the same cheap shot,and its pure agenda driven nonsense.....which directly connects the fact you're amongst the last to lecture anyone on how to behave on this forum.If you have any further PM me or report me.

Twice now you have come out with the same cheap shot,and its pure agenda driven nonsense.....which directly connects the fact you're amongst the last to lecture anyone on how to behave on this forum.If you have any further PM me or report me.

I will always hold my hands up and admit that I am a dinosaur and have trouble keeping within the rules of this place, but at least i will give credit where credit is due. No agenda, I have no beef with you, just think on occasion you could show a little class. This is one of those occasions. They come in peace, praise us and you take the piss.

But hey...if that's what you want to do, knock yourself out.

I will always hold my hands up and admit that I am a dinosaur and have trouble keeping within the rules of this place, but at least i will give credit where credit is due. No agenda, I have no beef with you, just think on occasion you could show a little class. This is one of those occasions. They come in peace, praise us and you take the piss.

But hey...if that's what you want to do, knock yourself out.

What are you waffling on about? how have i taken the piss?

Do you think singling out one of our players for abuse,in an effort to affect his game,was showing class?

A goal down in most crucial match and we get near the box could be our only chance, them David the gaint balls got audacity to flick the ball to king kun.
The manner it was done was pure class and will miss those telepathic moves when those two legends hang their boots.

I said all along that this was never in doubt, while people were worrying about Liverpool, and the media hype - around Liverpool supporting players, like Duffy and Dunk, who were going to win it for the scousers - and Liverpool generally.
The fact was, we were 60 points ahead of Brighton for a reason - we are absolutely brilliant, and Brighton are absolutely crap.
Anyway, what a great day. What a great, and classy by football standards, celebration. What a team!! What a manager!!!
Get your money on now for a double treble next season - or better!!!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.