Brighton appreciation

Indaparkside

I would like to thank the people of Brighton from the normal man in the street, the landlords of boozers,
the stewards, police, and match going fans.
can only speak for myself and the people I was with but was made to feel very welcome,and everyone wanted us to win the league!! You will always get your odd incident when there’s a load of football fans about, but what a great day?? Followed by a great presentation!! The applause for kompany around the ground was heartwarming?? Also Bruno received a great reception from our supporters which was good to see. Great day with great fans sun out and the premier league trophy to boot!!! Life really is wonderful

Aside from the outside security not letting me in the disabled entrance and making me struggle on a broken ankle all the way around everyone else were great,the station staff were great and got me a seat on the train

The brighton fans were brilliant,a few came up and said well done outside and they seemed really pleased that we won,i knew they would be friendly and happy for us and they clapped us off the pitch and stayed for the trophy presention,it was a really nice place to go for the last game,i didn't go to the pubs afterwards but by all accounts it was a great evening in town

Cheers - glad you enjoyed your trip.

As I said on another thread, the City fans I met on Saturday afternoon were all good lads, and I thought both sets of fans appreciation (yours for Bruno, and ours for Kompany + your presentation etc.) was top draw. I'm pleased the PA played some of 'your' anthems/songs at the end too - I'm not sure all other Premier League clubs would have done the same. I spoke to a steward at the away end afterwards who said they let in ticketless fans to watch the presentation.

Congratulations to you - the league table never lies and 198 points over two seasons is quite incredible.

As for us, it's all change with CH gone.

My opinion on it (and I've seen all bar 2 games this season) is that unfortunately he had to go.

If he wasn't such a decent bloke, a thoroughly decent man, then the media wouldn't be so up in arms over his sacking. No wins in the last 9 games, 3 wins in the last 20 games we were certainties for relegation next season. People accepted his boring, negative football when we were grinding out results, but when you're losing every week, it's different. The Chairman (who has paid for the stadium, new training ground etc) is an ambitious man - it's not thinking above our station, it's about being ambitious - why can't we be a mid table side competing with Bournemouth, Watford, and dare I say it Palace?

Bloom is a gambler, and this time he has rolled the dice big-time.

Good Luck Saturday and see you next season

It was indeed a great day. I was in their end and although they wanted to win they weren't bothered one bit not to. First time I'd been to Brighton and all in all it's a lovely seaside town with great pubs and people. Will go down as one of my favourite away trips watching City. Happy days.

Cheers - glad you enjoyed your trip.

As I said on another thread, the City fans I met on Saturday afternoon were all good lads, and I thought both sets of fans appreciation (yours for Bruno, and ours for Kompany + your presentation etc.) was top draw. I'm pleased the PA played some of 'your' anthems/songs at the end too - I'm not sure all other Premier League clubs would have done the same. I spoke to a steward at the away end afterwards who said they let in ticketless fans to watch the presentation.

Congratulations to you - the league table never lies and 198 points over two seasons is quite incredible.

As for us, it's all change with CH gone.

My opinion on it (and I've seen all bar 2 games this season) is that unfortunately he had to go.

If he wasn't such a decent bloke, a thoroughly decent man, then the media wouldn't be so up in arms over his sacking. No wins in the last 9 games, 3 wins in the last 20 games we were certainties for relegation next season. People accepted his boring, negative football when we were grinding out results, but when you're losing every week, it's different. The Chairman (who has paid for the stadium, new training ground etc) is an ambitious man - it's not thinking above our station, it's about being ambitious - why can't we be a mid table side competing with Bournemouth, Watford, and dare I say it Palace?

Bloom is a gambler, and this time he has rolled the dice big-time.

Good Luck Saturday and see you next season
Your fans were fantastic. We met a bunch on Saturday night and went for a curry with them. We were drinking with other ones before and after the match in Dick's Bar. The stewards and catering staff were great. Every pub and restaurant we went in we were welcomed. It was exactly the same when we went last year.
Your club is a credit to the Premier League and I hope you get success next season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.