Brighton (h) post-match thread

Foden and Berni were electric. Mahrez is stealing a wage, along with Sterling. Gundo looks a little tired after his last couple of games. Rodri is comical, I’ve seen supertankers turn quicker.
Stones and Dias will be happy, even though Zinch tried his best to fuck it up.

Raz needs to investigated for match fixing after that miss!
I thought Kev looked tired. Gundo may be as well, but I think he’s shown this year that he is very good as an attacking midfielder. I think much of our problems in the second half was that Rodri is just incapable of linking from the back to offence in the way we take for granted with Fern.
We conceded midfield because the essential passes from defence just weren’t there from Rodri, Cancelo and Zinc.
Jesus having a ten minute period where he just kept giving the ball back to them didn’t help either.

But we had enough chances to win by 2 or 3 regardless.
Missing another penalty is criminal.
But I still had such faith in our defence holding out. How times have changed.

And the fact he kept giving away possession and slowed every attack to a walk which gave them time to organise. He was pants yet again, his pattern is one decent game, five bobbins ones. For an example of his desire look at the counter when Kev broke from their corner every single forward player was moving except Mahrez who didn't even get to the half way line by the time their keeper saved the attempt. A consistent 4/10 performer at the moment which is puzzling.
Not puzzling to me; just not good enough period!

Lets be honest, i doubt there were many who felt confident he would score that pen.

Thought first half we played well, second half we were poor. We looked leggy, which is understandable really considering, but then you question whether certain players should of played against birmingham.

On a plus note, i thought Bernardo was superb, really starting to get back to his form from a few seasons ago.
Yeah we did look leggy but worth remembering Brighton played on Sunday as well and later than us and their game went to extra time and pens!
Our next opponents Palace (on Sunday) play tomorrow night at 8pm against Arsenal.
Given this and the strength in depth of our squad compared to theirs we've no excuse on the fitness front IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.