Brighton (h) post-match thread

with Jesus coming back from Covid
We don't know if he was even ill, so he's just coming back from 10 days off, whatever he was fecking useless tonight, gave the ball away nearly every time he got it, but why Pep played him wide left and moved Foden I've no clue.

If you analyse the game, in reality we should have won 3 or 4-0, we had enough good chances 16 shots, 6 on target, Bernardo unlucky to hit the bar, a couple of good saves, a couple straight at their keeper. We defended well again, and were the better team.

It should have been a much easier night, than them getting a succession of late corners/free kicks, anyone of which could have cost us 2 points had they been better.

Watched the match on BEIN - did anyone catch what Richard Keys was saying about Pep just before the 2nd half kicked off ? Seemed to be having a go at him for something ?

This might be controversial but with our Cbs right now i dont see a team scoring against us unless theres a lapse of concentration, like tonight i saw brighton start to play well and take the ball of us but didnt really think they would score. I watched Dias closely tonight, he is always there positioning wise it goes unnoticed but when brighton had cutbacks into our box who was there Dias to stop it, Brighton through on goal down zinchenkos side cross into the 6 yard box Dias there again to stop it hes everywhere and commands the defence brilliantly. John Stones the same. This defence we have will send us to the the title. Defence wins titles

For me it seems like we only have to score one goal then its game done with these 2 at the back

Nothing to worry about there at all. A routine win where we couldn’t get the second goal. No surprise that fatigue set in second half given the demands on these players recently. A worldy or a freak goal might have stolen them a point, which would have made Pep’s team v Brum look like a mistake. But overall fine in the circumstances.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.