Brighton (h) pre-match thread

Brighton (h) prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ric

Administrator
Would like to see Cancelo, Mahrez and Foden start this one. Probably won’t happen, but you never know. It’s an eminently winnable match and a chance to keep a couple of squad members happy with some game time.

Ederson
Cancelo
Otamendi
Laporte
Zinchenko
Rodri
Foden
De Bruyne
Mahrez
Sterling
Aguero

Ederson
Cancelo
Otamendi
Laporte
Zinchenko
Rodri
De Bruyne
Bernardo Silva
David Silva
Sterling
Aguero

Hopefully get a decent lead and then make changes

well GJ is out of this one so Kun has to start (though he should anyway)

Wonder is Stones will be back and whether Cancello will make his debut...Walker made a few errors vs Bournmouth and may have been a little lucky not to receive two yellows....and a home debut may help settle the new lad.

Maybe Ferna will get a game either as a starter or a sub at some point as he aint played yet?

Ederson
Cancelo
Otamendi
Laporte
Zinchenko
Rodri
De Bruyne
Silva
Mahrez
Aguero
Sterling

Bench- Bravo, Angelino, Walker, Bernardo, Foden, Gundo, Dinho
Season debut for Dinho off the bench, I feel.

Walker made some rash challenges yesterday, and was a bit of a liability but at least he’s showing his desire to keep his position. Maybe Cancelo should get his home debut.
Gundogan is a creative player, but we cannot afford to sacrifice Ferni or Rodri to get him in the team, we had a light midfield v Bournemouth and it nearly cost us along with some Keystone Cop style defending again.
Give Merlin a rest which should allow Foden a run out too.
Mahrez for Bernardo, but if can’t deliver, hook him off at half time.
Don’t underestimate Brighton, if we can bag a couple of early goals, our movement will destroy them and we can play without having to ‘force’ the game. I would like to see us keep a clean sheet as we seem hell bent on giving away comedy chances which must send Pep into a proper rage.

3-0

well GJ is out of this one so Kun has to start (though he should anyway)

Wonder is Stones will be back and whether Cancello will make his debut...Walker made a few errors vs Bournmouth and may have been a little lucky not to receive two yellows....and a home debut may help settle the new lad.

Maybe Ferna will get a game either as a starter or a sub at some point as he aint played yet?
How long is Gabby out for? I’ve heard he had a slight hamstring pull, it seems Pep doesn’t take any risks, if a player has a small injury he doesn’t play.

Interesting game , Brighton will be a different animal to previous encounters and now seem to be playing a expansive attacking style , this may suit but i'm expecting a tough game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.