Brighton & Hove Albion Thread - 2022/23

Another Potter fan here, always makes me laugh that he's deemed unfashionable for a big club to take a punt, but Manchester United would happily give it to someone like Solskjaer instead.

Might as well give it to the lads on FM who take Vauxhall Motors to Champons League glory.

I like Potter, Brighton have some good players and barring any major disasters in terms of injuries etc. they should have a top-half finish firmly in their sights, and depending how the season pans out they should have half an eye on a push for Europe.

In terms of Potter's next job...

I think (hope!) Pep will be in situ for a while yet. Klopp too.

United is a poison chalice right now, if they sack Ten Hag in the next season or two that's even further proof.

Arsenal have shown a lot of patience with Arteta, he seems to be slowly coming good and if he can get that promising young squad challenging for the top 4 they'll stick with him.

Conte's early in his Spurs career and doing well, but then he never stays anywhere for long and his current contract runs out next summer. He may well extend but even if so, probably not for more than one or maybe two seasons. Especially if he can break their trophy drought, taking over from him might be an appealing prospect.

The new Chelsea owner's an unknown quantity and I think if he made any rash moves on Tuchel that'd be a red flag in terms of how a manager can expect to be treated.

Other than them, where else would be a genuine step up?

West Ham? Doing pretty well and seem happy with Moyes.

Leicester, perhaps, but they feel at risk of a little slide down the table - if I'm Potter I'd rather lead Brighton to overtake them than jump ship and try to improve Leicester.

And maybe Newcastle, given their new funds, but right now their success is hypothetical, assumed to be on the way because of the money, so it'd be a risk. And Howe seems to be doing a pretty good job.

If I'm Potter I'm in no hurry to push for an exit from Brighton. One of those jobs will become available at a club that's set up decently and appeals to him. Might be 1 year, might be 3, probably won't be more. He just needs to keep Brighton improving and they'll come calling eventually.

The likes of Everton and Villa shouldn't be appealing enough for him to jump ship.

Been impressed by Potter for a couple of seasons now, Brighton are one of the few teams I enjoy watching play, Caicedo was excellent against the rags as were the team as a whole, never a fan of Welbeck but his hold up play was very good, pity he can't stand up and shoot at the same time.

Look set to go on another good run.

They're like a lower version of us and I don't mean that in a disrespectful way. The system is more important than any one player, within reason.

They could do really well once again. They're better than United and some people still think they'll finish 6th.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.