Brighton post match thread

Right Sergio's first - one of the team goals of the season - awesome finish. Sergio's second - curled in from outside the box - world class. Neither make the MOTD Goal of the month shortlist !!!! But a long ball to Vardy who slings it into a near empty net does !!! Yes, we expect this shite from TV, but it pisses me off. Yarmolenko's for West Ham another not listed.

Happy clappy camp - bit derogatory. Perhaps it’s time we utilised what we have at our disposal and make it work. No way we get a quality 4th CB and then keep otamendi, so we potentially get what we all want, promotion of a young player
You'd have had to be a part of that thread to understand the 'happy clappy' comment. Yes we can put Fernandinho, Walker or Rodri in there, but once 3 games a week kick in, it changes matters somewhat over the course of a season.

In the main we'll be OK, but when it comes to the business end of the season, this is where we could come unstuck. I fully appreciate that Pep would rather mend & make do, than buy a below par player just to fill a Vincent Kompany sized gap.

This isn't about another CB means losing Otamendi, it's purely replacing what we had last season which led to a treble. Vinny was invaluable during the last 2 months of last season.

In terms of Maguire, I'm not sure the reason we ended our pursuit was because he was too expensive, or that we didn't have enough in our budget. One thing I will say though, I'd feel a shit load more confident with another top class CB in our ranks to cover Vinny.

I suppose we'll find out if our EDS prospects are up to the job, or have the potential to be soon enough.

Last edited:
You'd have had to be a part of that thread to understand the 'happy clappy' comment. Yes we can put Fernandinho, Walker or Rodri in there, but once 3 games a week kick in, it changes matters somewhat over the course of a season.

In the main we'll be OK, but when it comes to the business end of the season, this is where we could come unstuck. I fully appreciate that Pep would rather mend & make do, than buy a below par player just to fill a Vincent Kompany sized gap.

This isn't about another CB means losing Otamendi, it's purely replacing what we had last season which led to a treble. Vinny was invaluable during the last 2 months of last season.

In terms of Maguire, I'm not sure the reason we ended our pursuit was because he was too expensive, or that we didn't have enough in our budget. One thing I will say though, I'd feel a shit load more confident with another top class CB in our ranks to cover Vinny.

I suppose we'll find out if our EDS prospects are up to the job, or have the potential to be soon enough.
BBC website has Pep confirming no money, hence no maguire, and will make do.
If another top CB had come otamendi would be off.
It is time to trust what we have rather than just keep chucking money at it.

There is no way we could have brought in anyone to replace the irreplaceable Vincent Kompany for this season. Anyone we had bought would have cost a fortune and not been as good as those already at the club. This is true of Maguire as we're now seeing at the swamp. No one we could have brought in would have been anywhere near as good as Aymeric either so we'd have been in the position of splashing the cash to weaken the team because many the names mentioned are a very uninspiring bunch, culminating in Skrtel, who hasn't been released by his Turkish club because of the excellence of his performances. He's past it and take the LFC sirt of him he's either a penalty or a red card every game in the PL or both. Would we EVER play him??? If we're worried about the "business end" of the season (whenever that is) we are better finding out how long Aymeric is out for, who we are going to be playing against because the options already at the club seem more than adequate for most games. We have Liverpool on 9 Nov, Chelsea on 23 Nov and United, Arsenal, Leicester and Wolves in December. Anfield looks tough as always but many of the others look tricky rather than frightening. I'm more than happy to trust Pep's judgement and he seems confident in what we've got.

ridiculous. Zinchenko have the ball away needlessly but he is not responsible for Laporte injury

I think you need to read what I said, he wasn’t responsible for the injury that was the tackle he was responsible for the breakaway that led to the injury due to another shit pass

The positive Zn(+)
Zinchenko --> Silva --> KdB --> 1-0
Zinchenko --> Silva --> Kun --> 3-0

The negative Zn(-)
Gave away the ball twice making flappers flap.
Yeh very noticeable zin picking out david silva at every oportunity the boys improving at a rapid rate and the link up play between silva zin and kdb is top notch.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.