Bring the Noise

Exciting display plans for the derby.

The club and 1894 working together on it.

You’ll have to wait until derby day to see what’s planned and to be part of it.

4 stands, FUCK OFF RAG BASTARDS.

You dont need to thank me.

please be a sterling banner saying Fook VAR Fook the FA & Fook the scousers

ps UTD are shit

:-)

I like the 1894 group and what they’re trying to do and their displays are ace but in terms of actually singing sometimes it’s like they’re not really here ;) not a dig but they should go in a different direction to what they’re doing now cos ain’t working atm

I like the 1894 group and what they’re trying to do and their displays are ace but in terms of actually singing sometimes it’s like they’re not really here ;) not a dig but they should go in a different direction to what they’re doing now cos ain’t working atm

If we could control the singing at 1894 as much as some fans think we can we would have the most intimidating stadium in the PL. But we cant, every direction within our rights has been tried. But on the match day it is down to the fans, if they don't want it on that particular day the singing doesn't get off the ground. You cant force fans to sing or what songs to sing.

We aren't a bunch of 300 fans in 115 block, as much as we try to get fans to group collectively at home games it doesn't happen.

It is easy from the outside to believe that all you need to do is drum, or group up, or megaphone, or what ever idea goes around, even myself when I started with the group 6 or 7 years ago I thought within 12 months the place would be rocking by making a few changes. But just as you cant make fans stay until the end of the game, you cant make fans sing. Believe me we know what it takes, but you cant force it.

Danny, you are more than welcome to come and have a chat, help out, suggest ideas. Maybe suggest a few ideas on here in reply then I can explained how we have tried it or are restricted by the club / security.

Even our displays are restricted, we have ideas but cant always carry them out. As jrb said on the above post we had an exciting display planned for the derby game, but for some reason which is beyond 1894's control it has been put on hold. And now with time running out and needing to buy & plan at least 3-4 weeks ahead the display is in doubt.

One of the biggest problem is with the clubs half arsed attempts to improve the atmosphere like handing out loads of plastic flags for big games. We need the club to work with us here by giving us at least one block with no seat allocation and make tickets cheaper and make it a proper singing section. Honestly think soriano would rather have the stadium half empty with cooperates/ tourists rather than real fans and he’s a big problem imo. There are too many people in 115 who don’t sing and who are put there by the club who don’t have a clue.

Re the Monaco fans this the reason why we need an organised support, if 150 of them can out sing us then imagine the noise 5000 of us could make. They, like all European ultras have a few leaders at the front who work the crowd and start songs, I’d prefer them to start naturally but then we don’t really sing that much do we?

btw thats not just our problem, its like that at most grounds in teh uk particularly the premier league.

If we could control the singing at 1894 as much as some fans think we can we would have the most intimidating stadium in the PL. But we cant, every direction within our rights has been tried. But on the match day it is down to the fans, if they don't want it on that particular day the singing doesn't get off the ground. You cant force fans to sing or what songs to sing.

We aren't a bunch of 300 fans in 115 block, as much as we try to get fans to group collectively at home games it doesn't happen.

It is easy from the outside to believe that all you need to do is drum, or group up, or megaphone, or what ever idea goes around, even myself when I started with the group 6 or 7 years ago I thought within 12 months the place would be rocking by making a few changes. But just as you cant make fans stay until the end of the game, you cant make fans sing. Believe me we know what it takes, but you cant force it.

Danny, you are more than welcome to come and have a chat, help out, suggest ideas. Maybe suggest a few ideas on here in reply then I can explained how we have tried it or are restricted by the club / security.

Even our displays are restricted, we have ideas but cant always carry them out. As jrb said on the above post we had an exciting display planned for the derby game, but for some reason which is beyond 1894's control it has been put on hold. And now with time running out and needing to buy & plan at least 3-4 weeks ahead the display is in doubt.

whats the issue with the banner?

Have you spoken with lads from say the Union Bears at Rangers? They do a great job atmosphere wise at Ibrox.

Keep working at it mate. People can say this, that is not working but without your efforts things would be much worse. I thoroughly appreciate the efforts of you guys.

The second half against Southampton reminded me of how it used to be. A sense of anger at Southampton's tinewasting , Masons usual biased performance against us and the news Liverpool were losing cranked up the noise. It was great to hear.

whats the issue with the banner?

Have you spoken with lads from say the Union Bears at Rangers? They do a great job atmosphere wise at Ibrox.

That's true, its not only our stadium that is having a problem with atmosphere and we are a long way off being the worse in the league. The English league probably has the quietest stadiums in Europe. There is a lot of apathy going on and looking over shoulders at what is going on around us and should we sing. Lots of looking for reasons why we can't sing and excuses. The opportunity to sing is there as the stadium is, we can and we do have good spells from time to time. Then we go quite, the quite takes over from the noise.

We have spoken to many supporters groups in Europe, spoken to union bears, recently spoken to Dundee who are making good noise from a small stadium. But they don't have a magic formula or do anything different, to be honest they do less. The fans are more up for a sing song / bang a drum / use a capo and seem to have a different reason for going to a game. Win, lose or draw belt your heart out. Not for one minute would I say a lot of us aren't the same, it is just that we are to spread out and diluted with non singers between us.

If there is one thing I could change over night it would be to have 300 or 400 singers in 115 from middle right to the back. We would make noise then and it would travel.

"paul" I thought the same, Southampton cranked up the noise, was very good that second half.

We keep working at it and slowly, very slowly it gets better. Massive thanks to everybody who helps and supports, positive comments always appreciated.

Looks like the north stand is going on the back burner as far as redevelopment is concerned, not that I have been told when it will happen but it will be a few years now and only if demand for tickets increases. I don't know where this leaves us regarding safestand, I hope the powers that be put it in the south stand for now. It would create an opportunity for singers to group and if that doesn't work its a library.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.