Bring the Noise

115 level 1 and atmosphere was poor. Most round me spend most of the game moaning about the players. The rest of the time they are moaning about the city chants. Quite audibly which puts others off joining in. "City dont worry" was "cringe" apparently. And "nobody needs john stones in the middle..."
Quick to slag off the teams and fans but not so quick to start a chant

There’s probably a decent phd thesis in this somewhere to explain this fully , but I think what city fans have been through down the years has shaped our mentally into what it is today and leads to that sort of behaviour.

I’m struggling to think of a word to describe it. It’s not indifference, it’s not being blasé. Maybe someone else can put a word on it, and I wouldn’t call it being spoilt.

But think about it, is there another set of fans in world football who’ve experienced the highs and lows we’ve had over the last 20 years? Then throw in a load of tourists and new fans at the ground and it leads to this weird mix/atmosphere
The word is/ words are: “small time”.

People, still, even after a decade of being a mint side, have a small time mentality.

Even when it went 2-2 I had every belief we’d win but then to see THOUSANDS of people just deserting the team like they have so many times down the years just smacks of them all still being a small time set of fans with no understanding of how good we are and what support from the stands is all about.

It wasn’t the goal that made me think the game was done at 2-2, it was the deserters around the ground.

Agüero had the belief that I had when that second went in, he immediately tried to get the team going and I felt the same thing; “come on let’s fucking do it again! There’s 5 minutes left!” But as soon as the streams of fans just started deserting the team, I lost that belief and the team will have n’all.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.