Bristol City AWAY Ticket Details

As the amounts top sliced are never published then no one is sure. But he does have a point as it used to be 80%+ going to points and now it is about 40% for some games. The club is robbing the fans and people get promoted off the back of it. It is no longer a club.

I do agree he is right about Corporate from what people have said but from my understanding supporters club tickets have been slashed also. For me I would point the finger at Corporate and ‘City packages’.

in fact sack that, where were the ballot moaners for Swansea away? we are good now but the team still gets shunned. you can bet your life that the 20k crew were there, oh and deservedly getting the points for it.

By the way, even though it’s completely irrelevant to a discussion about the clearly unfair loyalty points system, I was at Swansea away FYI. 4 and half hours there and over 5 on the way back cos they shut a section of the M4. I got in at about 3am and was up at 7 the next day for work. I’d post pictures to prove it but you can’t as far as I know on here. Anyway, as I say, it’s an irrelevance, as is whether or not I want to go to the Bristol game. The point is, however much the loyalty point system benefits me or you, the system is unfair on youngsters. They’ve had no chance to prove their loyalty and the few occasions that they can show their loyalty will count for nothing until they reach old age.

You are using one example to infer a much wider problem. Supporters clubs from speaking to people get very few tickets, particularly this season. Corporate tickets could be a different story from what others have suggested.

Just one example of many i'm aware of. I know plenty of people, mates, and mates of mates who get their tickets from various different supporters clubs across the country. The vast majority o them go to a good chunk of games and almost all the big ones despite none of them even having 5 digits in loyalty points. A mate of mine told me he was on a coach to Leicester and somebody asked for 6 Newcastle tickets to the guy running it despite not even applying for any, About 20 minutes later, the guy had been literally handed all 6 of them, and whilst it's not a United away, it was still a highly popular game that sold out on relatively high points.

Regardless of how many tickets they get though, the point is, they shouldn't get any at all. Why should joining a supporters club or knowing somebody who runs one entitle people to completely skip the points queue? And even worse, by doing so, gain points on their card? In many ways it's worse than the likes of the 93.20 crowd getting whatever game they want.

A lot of the young kids who want to go to the games now we’re probably in primary school when we were shit. If they weren’t fortunate enough to have a well-off parent who could buy their tickets then they’ve got no chance of accumulating enough points to go. As I say, if the points whores buy up all the tickets (whether they go or not) and these kids get the chance to go 3 games a season max, they’d get a ticket through the loyalty point system at the age of about 75. That’s not fair. Simple as that.
I've just posted that my daughter was 10 when she started to come to games. we were shit. because of tickets/ school nights etc she could only get to some games. she didn't see us win a game for a year, but she stuck with it. we weren't "well off" we just had this as our family hobby, rarely went out, non smokers. our money went on following city up and down the country. she has seen some right shite. she's been everywhere since, not all games she's now a young woman, other things get in the way. we all wen to mijiland, hamburg, Barca you name it she was there. she now has plenty of points, will get a CL final ticket if we get there, she deserves it. now shes' 34, not 75!! it can be done.

I do agree he is right about Corporate from what people have said but from my understanding supporters club tickets have been slashed also. For me I would point the finger at Corporate and ‘City packages’.

Load of club employees benefit too across the board. An example is CIty women's team, but not restricted by any means, why do they turn up at one away game only (I am aware of)?

16,000 points! LOL.
I’ve all but given up trying to get aways even though I’ve been on every cup scheme from the start and jumped through all the hoops the club have asked me to do. Went to the last three away semis with easily enough points but gone so far backwards now I doubt I’ll ever get one again.
Only solution I can see is giving loyalty to the ones that go to the previous rounds of each competition. I had no problem for West Brom in the third round.

Just one example of many i'm aware of. I know plenty of people, mates, and mates of mates who get their tickets from various different supporters clubs across the country. The vast majority o them go to a good chunk of games and almost all the big ones despite none of them even having 5 digits in loyalty points. A mate of mine told me he was on a coach to Leicester and somebody asked for 6 Newcastle tickets to the guy running it despite not even applying for any, About 20 minutes later, the guy had been literally handed all 6 of them, and whilst it's not a United away, it was still a highly popular game that sold out on relatively high points.

Regardless of how many tickets they get though, the point is, they shouldn't get any at all. Why should joining a supporters club or knowing somebody who runs one entitle people to completely skip the points queue? And even worse, by doing so, gain points on their card? In many ways it's worse than the likes of the 93.20 crowd getting whatever game they want.

And why should anyone on 20k/19k/18k be able to pass on tickets to his mates or why should anyone who has paid an extra 50 quid a year get double loyalty pounts?. Abuses happen in any system and to support your story which supporters club was it as I know mine has had a maximum of two for every away game?

I've just posted that my daughter was 10 when she started to come to games. we were shit. because of tickets/ school nights etc she could only get to some games. she didn't see us win a game for a year, but she stuck with it. we weren't "well off" we just had this as our family hobby, rarely went out, non smokers. our money went on following city up and down the country. she has seen some right shite. she's been everywhere since, not all games she's now a young woman, other things get in the way. we all wen to mijiland, hamburg, Barca you name it she was there. she now has plenty of points, will get a CL final ticket if we get there, she deserves it. now shes' 34, not 75!! it can be done.

Fair play to her but she was able to accrue so many points because she started supporting us when it was possible to get tickets for most away games and she was lucky enough to have you paying for her tickets. If she started supporting us now, it would take her longer than 24 years to get priority for the big games, it would take double that at least (which shouldn’t be the case). As I say, loyalty and loyalty points shouldn’t count for nothing but it shouldn’t be the be-all and end-all otherwise we’re gonna have a generation of fans unable to support us away from home (which, actually, is the case now bar 2 or 3 games a season). Either a 5 year loyalty point system or a ballot where past loyalty increases your chances of getting a ticket.

Load of club employees benefit too across the board. An example is CIty women's team, but not restricted by any means, why do they turn up at one away game only (I am aware of)?

I did not know that about the womens team having never got anywhere near a ticket for thst game. I think like many the club should be more transparent and at least list where tickets go.

It is noticeable that there seems to be groups of people, who are clearly not the regulars, which suggests to me its package tours etc.

Fair play to her but she was able to accrue so many points because she started supporting us when it was possible to get tickets for most away games and she was lucky enough to have you paying for her tickets. If she started supporting us now, it would take her longer than 24 years to get priority for the big games, it would take double that at least (which shouldn’t be the case). As I say, loyalty and loyalty points shouldn’t count for nothing but it shouldn’t be the be-all and end-all otherwise we’re gonna have a generation of fans unable to support us away from home (which, actually, is the case now). Either a 5 year loyalty point system or a ballot where past loyalty increases your chances of getting a ticket.

on a lighter note we once had to get tickets for the derby in the away end. they cost a few quid but I thought fuck it. at half time she said I hate it dad can we go. straight to the pub and watched the second half there. could have saved me a small fortune.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.