Britain’s Greatest Sportstar

Lennox Lewis for me, heavyweight champion three times in what is the hardest of sports to stay at the top

I'd go for Wiggins in cycling for the variety of things he won as well as the sheer number of medals. And Mo Farah is probably the most dominant athlete we've had in any discipline in my lifetime. And Phil Jones for services to gurning.

I think you guys maybe missed the mention for Joe Calzghe?

I mean honestly, how do you better 46 fights, 46 wins, zero defeats and a career at the top spanning 15 years, holding the world super middleweight title for 2x longer than any boxer in the history of the sport?

I think you guys maybe missed the mention for Joe Calzghe?

I mean honestly, how do you better 46 fights, 46 wins, zero defeats and a career at the top spanning 15 years, holding the world super middleweight title for 2x longer than any boxer in the history of the sport?
I was pretty good at boxing. I never won but was runner up on numerous occasions

Waits for Max Woosnams name.

Faldo for me.
I’d say it’s Max, you got an issue with Max?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Max_Woosnam

‘Among his achievements were winning an Olympic gold and silver in tennis at the 1920 Summer Olympics, winning the doubles at Wimbledon, compiling a 147 break in Snooker, making a century at Lord's Cricket Ground, captaining the British Davis Cup team, captaining Manchester City F.C. finishing ultimately runners-up for the Football League Championship in 1920–21 and captaining the England national football team.’

I think that covers a lot...

George Formby

Won the Grand National, scored the winner in an FA Cup final and competed in the TT Races.

Cant think of any more deserving of the title.

He built himself up to the very pinnacle of his sport,way beyond his natural talent,and continually defied his critics.He's also extremely humble and likeable,and doesn't have a chip on his shoulder.

Redgrave. To stay at the top for so long in his chosen sport was amazing. Did it without annoying anyone as well.

Probably as an all round sportsman it would have to be Max Woosnam.

if we include non-athlete types then Alan Scotthorne and Phil Taylor dominated their sports. Otherwise the likes of Daley Thompson, Steve Redgrave, Mo Farah would all have to be in contention.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.