British Airways workers vote to strike

ive cancelled my BA holiday this morning....feeling anxious about getting to the destination as opposed to being excited about getting to the destination doesn't sit right with me

Hoping it gets sorted, due to fly out of Gatwick in August and no doubt it will spread to there aswell. BA dropped their wages 10% during the pandemic and now they won’t move them back?

The shift from traditional Labour voters to the middle classes have damaged Labour beyond repair IMHO. The Tories at least lied to the traditional working class before they fucked them over.

You've seen it on here where people are genuinely suggesting that certain people shouldn't be allowed to vote, that isn't tongue in cheek either. If the Tories are the devil then the staunch far lefters are the devil in waiting.

Those are our choices and it isn't great.

Yeah, that was shocking to see people who, genuinely, think they're more suitable to vote than others.

To know that these people think others are down a 'rabbit hole' is deeply concerning to me and I'm 'staunch far left'.

However, I don't have a superiority complex like these individuals as they are neolibs, not far left as people like myself wouldn't think like that.

Centrist neolibs tend to think they know best for all concerned, but look at the current mess we're in because of who they kowtow to with with big business leanings.

Hoping it gets sorted, due to fly out of Gatwick in August and no doubt it will spread to there aswell. BA dropped their wages 10% during the pandemic and now they won’t move them back?
BA have moved the 10% back - but only to the management team, the rest of BA, the actual doers are not getting the 10% back, part of the reason they voted from strike action. Unbelievable again that BA leadership thought that would be a good/acceptable tactic, just shows the absolute contempt these people have for their staff.

It's the one airline I've avoided using for years . Absolute garbage when I've used them in the past . And I've been on some terrible airlines all over the world.

BA have this weird idea about managing, their philosophy is if you are a manager it doesn't matter what department you are in you can manage . So you have people put into departments that they have no experience in . Managers In the flying side of things that are not pilots or cabin crew , never done the job, but can go around telling people who have and are, how to do it !!! Sounds stupid doesn't it? And it is !!!! This goes on in all departments in BA .you are a manager so manage .

Thought Lynch pretty much nailed Labours predicament in this segment, especially given the further disruption that appears to be on the horizon.

He nailed the predicament but it's easy to say Labour needs to come up with policies that appeal to "working people". What policies are they? Deporting refugees to Rwanda seems ok with a lot of working people. He still thinks Brexit is worth it.

Maybe we could nationalise broadband.

Or just tax the rich.

The shift from traditional Labour voters to the middle classes have damaged Labour beyond repair IMHO. The Tories at least lied to the traditional working class before they fucked them over.

You've seen it on here where people are genuinely suggesting that certain people shouldn't be allowed to vote, that isn't tongue in cheek either. If the Tories are the devil then the staunch far lefters are the devil in waiting.

Those are our choices and it isn't great.
Labour goes less left to appeal to the "middle classes" (i.e. working people in particular jobs?) and that makes "traditional Labour voters" turn to the far-right Tories?

It's a conundrum, alright.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.