British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

[/quote]But the best rugby team of either code are the Kangaroos and the best rugby competition of either code is the NRL (RU players even say that!) and, for me, the best rugby spectical of either code - it's one of the best specticals in sport, full stop - is rugby league's State of Origin series between Queensland and NSW[/quote]

The Kangaroos better than the All Blacks?
I used to religiously watch the NRL but I think it lacks a bit of a suprise element these days whereas SUPER 15's get more competitive every season.
Falou is a great sportsman, his debut year for the Storm he was phenomenal

I thought it an awesome game. Exciting from the word go and came down to a final kick. Fab display from both teams.

I'm a football man to the core but also a rugby union fan too.

All the moaners who whinge on about how boring it is tickle me. American Football bores me to tears, I wouldn't watch it and certainly wouldn't go on a thread about it telling everyone how boring it is. Just live and let live.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Get over it and let the people who do enjoy it enjoy rather than coming on with the same old stuff.

Queensland are not the underdogs they are a team based on Brisbane the man united of australia who steal half their players from NSW! NSW the sky blues - days if all . As for the kangaroos not the best! Kiwis beat them when it really matters like in the last world cup final . Having watched a lot of league and union Origin is nothing compared to watching a big Union international in Cardiff or in New Zealand

State of origin started in 81, if NSW were winning 2-0 going into the third game then all the Queenslanders could play for there own state. Thats why big Artie, Boustead, Ready, and Ribot all played in maroon that night and won. Fred Lindop reffed the game. Prior to that Queensland were more Like city, won stuff all.
Yes state of origin is the best rugby in the world, but nothing beats a Welsh win!!!
Now this is a lions thread one nil up, come on the boys.

Sad news if POC is out of the remaining games as he's played well all tour. We played pretty poorly but are still 1-0 up in the series, those subs on the 50 minutes mark were a very poor decision by Gatland & our scrum came under heavy pressure without Adam.
We really need to sort out the back row balance as Croft & Heaslip really can't play in the same side, we can carry one show pony but not two.
My side for the 2nd test would be......( this won't be Gatlands choice though)
Halfpenny
Bowe ( if fit)
BOD
Roberts ( if fit)
North
Sexton
Phillips
Vunipola
Hibbard ( harsh on Youngs but if Vunipola plays we need Hibbards extra scrummaging power)
Adam
Ian Evans ( we'll need his 'dog' if POC is out)
AWJ
Croft ( show pony but lineout skills might be needed)
Warburton
Faletau

If we play as we can and really stick it to them up front i fancy the Lions to win by 10-15 pts

bluemoon32 said:
Sad news if POC is out of the remaining games as he's played well all tour. We played pretty poorly but are still 1-0 up in the series, those subs on the 50 minutes mark were a very poor decision by Gatland & our scrum came under heavy pressure without Adam.
We really need to sort out the back row balance as Croft & Heaslip really can't play in the same side, we can carry one show pony but not two.
Halfpenny
Bowe ( if fit)
BOD
Roberts ( if fit)
North
Sexton
Phillips
Vunipola
Hibbard ( harsh on Youngs but if Vunipola plays we need Hibbards extra scrummaging power)
Adam
AWJ
Warburton
Faletau

If we play as we can and really stick it to them up front i fancy the Lions to win by 10-15 pts

Phillips shouldn't get a game all tour after that aberation of a performance, he will though so we'll have to hope he can learn to box kick and not run into second rows round the fringes by next week.

Can't see him changing the rest of the backs even if Roberts/Tuilagi are fit, Davies has had a good tour, Manu might make the bench as he can cover the wing too. Tom Youngs shouldn't be dropped, with Hibbard you sacrifice lineout ability for scrummaging, Youngs throwing has been excellent all tour. A Vunipola/Youngs/Jones front row should have more than enough but I would have thought Corbisiero will play assuming he's fit, he was excellent. Heaslip probably has the edge on Faletau for me.

bluemoon32 said:
Halfpenny
Bowe ( if fit)
BOD
Roberts ( if fit)
North
Sexton
Phillips
Vunipola
Adam
AWJ
Warburton
Faletau

Totally agree regarding the scrum, that decision almost cost us the game, Gatland needs to wise up, we need a strong scrum as a platform for the full 80 mins and without it we look vulnerable.. Have to say though, i thought the ref had a poor game, poor old BOD was penalised for taking the ball at the breakdown whilst clearly on his feet throughout, we should have been awarded a penalty try too, 5m out when the ozzies deleberately went offside to kill the move, no yellow card either... Anyone notice the ref costantly telling the Lions to use the ball? never once did he tell the ozzies the same even when it was clearly out... I expect the Lions to kick on now and think 10-15 points win is about right..!

Digby Ioane has had a warrant issued for his arrest,it's over an alleged assault in March.
Even if nothing eventuates out of it,it will be a distraction,the rest of them looked battered on Sunday at Brisbane airport but they probably were feeling a lot better than I was.

Should have lost, but got the feeling that Lions were capable of so much more. Yes the scrum in the second half struggled (that scrum practically under the posts that they fucked up nearly got me arrested for breach of the peace I barked so loudly at the moon), but the decision making all game was awful, mainly from Phillips. He was so slow deciding what to do that he invariably made the wrong decisions - should have had Youngs on far earlier. Onto Melbourne - just don't turn it into another 2001 disappointment.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.