British and Irish Lions Tour - 2013

Warburton had a brilliant game, the amount of work he had to do to make up for those show ponies Heaslip and Croft was quite something to watch.
Halfpenny, JD, POC and AWJ had great games too. Not sure i understand the Shane call up but he's still miles better than Gashton

Quicksilva21 said:
AS a neutral (Kiwi) have loved watching the Lions on tour...especially their back play and support play, fantastic to watch and I hope they give the convicts a stuffing...

One question though - why no Chris Ashton on tour? Shane Williams coming outa retirement ahead of him's a bit of a slap in the face isn't it??
Speaks volumes about just how gash Ashton really is. The penalties he concedes would have Gatland apoplectic. The way he plays suggests he doesnt know the laws of the game. He is shite imo

bluemoon32 said:
Warburton had a brilliant game, the amount of work he had to do to make up for those show ponies Heaslip and Croft was quite something to watch.
Halfpenny, JD, POC and AWJ had great games too. Not sure i understand the Shane call up but he's still miles better than Gashton

Bit of a welsh biased their dont you think?

Warbuton shouldn't even start the tests not even Wales's best 7

bluemoon32 said:

ha welsh goggles on

ManCityTom said:
bluemoon32 said:

Tipuric is the best 7. I'm pretty he's just as Welsh, if not even more Welsh, than Warburton

ManCityTom said:
bluemoon32 said:

Nah, Warburton & Tips are very different players. Warburton does more of the donkey work that is needed when Heaslip is around, Tips is an outstanding player when a pack is on top but Warburton is needed for the grunt work.
I don't mean this to sound shitty ( although it probably will) but anyone who doubts Warburton after yesterdays game doesn't really understand the game. The work he put in ( along with POC and AWJ) to cover for Croft and Heaslip who don't like the grafting was great to see.

Warburton to 8 Tips stays at 7 and O Brien at 6 that back of the scrum would be too much for the Aussies. I honestly think the Lions will win the test series dont rate the Aussies at all and the Lions have too much power in the pack and backline even with injuries should be enough to get the best of the Aussies.

Uncle Wally One Ball said:
Quicksilva21 said:
AS a neutral (Kiwi) have loved watching the Lions on tour...especially their back play and support play, fantastic to watch and I hope they give the convicts a stuffing...

One question though - why no Chris Ashton on tour? Shane Williams coming outa retirement ahead of him's a bit of a slap in the face isn't it??
Speaks volumes about just how gash Ashton really is. The penalties he concedes would have Gatland apoplectic. The way he plays suggests he doesnt know the laws of the game. He is shite imo

Perhaps I've only seen his highlights and those lame dives....

Quicksilva21 said:

As regards to Ashton/Williams. Ashtonhas literally been on holiday as he was rested for the England tour of Argentina where as Williams was playing in Japan which is nearer and is relatively match fit. Brought in for literally one game so as not to risk any one else before the tests start on Saturday.
They've flown Brad Barritt and one or two others ov for the same reason, lots of injuries and can't risk anymore.

I don't think it's Ashtons personality that's seen him left out as Alun Wyn Jones is an absolute prick of a bloke!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.