Broadband Only Deal (with a view to add TV package in the future)

somapop

Hi all.
I've had Virgin Media for years and for the most part they've been pretty decent (although with TV packages the prices seem in increase as if my some voodoo magic). Past year or so however the wi-fi has been on and off at best (then again there's an ever increasing circle of devices and I didn't have the 'DIAMOND' broadband package.

However, I've moved home this week and Virgin isn't available here. There's a SKY box in the living room (obvs unconnected) so SKY is a possibility.
Other than that I've no idea (having been with VM for night on 20 years). Preferably 12 month contract (as I can't be sure I'll be at the same place on one year, unless they can be carried over for another 6 months if I leave in 12?).
Fairly rapid if possibility but I need it installed ASAP (hence why SKY may be an option - the super fast perhaps below) - hopefully I can connect on the day?

https://www.sky.com/shop/choose/add-broadband/product-selection?irct=PHP-SABB-panel-swcb

Any advice much appreciated.

We've got Virgin broadband and tv and the software is gash and the hardware even worse. Deal ends in May then its back to Sky and hope to get a good deal.

Have you considered a mobile WiFi thing? That will be the quickest way to get online and you can take it with you if you move. Plug the sky box in and it is likely you'll still get the freeview channels.

Thanks folks. There is a sky hub (via by micro filter) in the place already so maybe I can get that re activated, at least till (if required) a new router turns up.
EE seems to have an enormous amount of complaints however...
Jumping in the WiFi settings most of the other flats seems to be on either BT or Talk Talk with a couple on sky. Could do with choosing today and getting it sorted and tbf they’re probably all v similar.

Not thought of the mobile WiFi.

Have you considered a mobile WiFi thing? That will be the quickest way to get online and you can take it with you if you move. Plug the sky box in and it is likely you'll still get the freeview channels.

Sorry, I meant sky WiFi hub although I may consider getting a tv package in the future. I have Netflix though so that and free view might be good enough (grab a new fire stick).

cheers.

Thanks folks. There is a sky hub (via by micro filter) in the place already so maybe I can get that re activated, at least till (if required) a new router turns up.
EE seems to have an enormous amount of complaints however...
Jumping in the WiFi settings most of the other flats seems to be on either BT or Talk Talk with a couple on sky. Could do with choosing today and getting it sorted and tbf they’re probably all v similar.

Not thought of the mobile WiFi.
Not sure where you're getting the info about EE from but this article (using Ofcom data) says they're one of the best ... https://www.lovemoney.com/news/12418/uks-worst-broadband-provider-talktalk-plusnet-bt
I have used BT, Virgin and EE and EE are the best so far, but it will depend on your area.

Whatever you choose, you probably have a period whereby you can come out of your contract if the service isn't as good as they said it would be.

Not sure where you're getting the info about EE from but this article (using Ofcom data) says they're one of the best ... https://www.lovemoney.com/news/12418/uks-worst-broadband-provider-talktalk-plusnet-bt
I have used BT, Virgin and EE and EE are the best so far, but it will depend on your area.

Whatever you choose, you probably have a period whereby you can come out of your contract if the service isn't as good as they said it would be.

Was trust pilot tbf (the expert reviews score quite highly however).
Cheers.

We've got Virgin broadband and tv and the software is gash and the hardware even worse. Deal ends in May then its back to Sky and hope to get a good deal.

How did the broadband compare btw?
I know virgin in the old place went downhill around 6 months ago. Even with the WiFi room checker app suggesting heathy signals in each room, this was never the case. Always had to turn WiFi on and off on the device (or reboot the router). Saying that we had speeds around 70mbs at times.

Most of the contracts seem to be 18months + which isn’t ideal.
Has anyone used talk talk or Plusnet? Seem to be a little cheaper than many (even the post office run broadband provision).
Sky superfast (60-74mb) £25 is looking decent (£9.95 set up) but there is talk talk at £21.95pm (no idea about their service though).
I may look at a combined tv package in the future however...

Been around the block and without a doubt BT are the best as far as i am concerned.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.