Brock Lesnar is back in the ring.

Challenger1978 said:
Wrestling died when it became that WWE crap.

-- Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:06 pm --

djelanomcfc said:
There is 1 reason that the crowd was crazy last night and it's because it was the same WRESTLEMANIA crowd from the night before. The hardcore wrestling fans who come from all over the world to watch not the casual fan who WONT EVEN KNOW WHO BROCK IS.

Next Raw episode the crowd will be back to being quiet with probably the exception of the "Yes" chant that Daniel Bryan has created which will probably replace Stone Cold's "What".

Also blood no longer being used wasn't just because of the PG rating. Just like the head chair shots (which are no longer used) it was for medical reasons.

What's wrestling without Mankind getting beaton sensless with a chair and bleeding all over the place. Only for him to eventually win by shoving his hand down the undertakers throat and chocking him out to win.

haha... and wrestling died when adolesence kicked in and I started to notice women ;)

I enjoyed the Wrestlemania on sunday, had alot of guys I was familiar with, good entertainment... However my favourite era of wrestling for me was the sick stuff, seeing people get injured and blood everywhere - just didn't see it anywhere else.
it is for kids and that's cool, I'll have to stick to watching MMA for my thirst for used sanitary towels

Always found it weird how the wrestlers couldn't punch eachother properly but sliced themselves open with hidden blades so the blood was actually the realest part.

I've actually watched it (ish) recently with Rock back, and he says he wants another title run which should be a bit of fun. I read earlier some predictions of Rock v Lesnar in a Title match at WM29 too, so we could be in for some decent viewing.

Kippax Street 1880 said:
Always found it weird how the wrestlers couldn't punch eachother properly but sliced themselves open with hidden blades so the blood was actually the realest part.

I'm guessing here you have never been punched properly?

I've been punched mistakenly by a 12yr old child and he knocked me clean out, taking my back tooth out at the same time....I've been hit very hard by a fully grown man and it hasn't done anything.

Punching is so erratic that it just doesn't work in the WWE as anything can happen (and thus they can't abide by the script if say Cena had mistakenly knocked out Rock on sunday)

As for blades - they have to open each other somehow and this is an easier way.

I've disliked WWE for a long time, but have still seen the attraction little kids would have (as i worshipped it as a child myself untill my older brother shown me it was all fake)

More recently i've seen it more like watching a real time movie script, and i've grown to sort of like it again... But imma keep this quiet to the Mrs so if or when we have a Boy I can take him to watch it :D

Stevie B said:
mycity79 said:
It's a shame he quit the UFC when he did.

He didn't "quit" as such, he was unable to compete in compliance with the state commision's health requirements. Because of Infectious mononucleosis

I think his WWE will be much better now though, as he's trained alot of BJJ/standup recently.

Sure, he was ill (if he's still, why wrestle then??). But, let's have it straight; he quit because he got punched in the face by someone who wasn't scared of the fella.

It happened a lot in in his UFC matches. He either steamrollered someone or he was stopped dead in his tracks by a hard punch (& one leg lock).

Let's not excuse this fact.

*shakes head* 'kin wrestling??!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.