Broken Foot, Crutches & Freshers!

KingRuben

Broke my foot Friday night and I'm now on crutches with half a cast! Worst thing is I move to Newcastle University next Saturday and I don't want to miss out on Freshers! So basically can it be done? Can I go out and enjoy myself in my situation and not miss out? anybody got any experiences or tips?

Also I'm at the hospital Thursday for my cast, shall I request a medical boot due to the amount of walking I'm going to have to do? And are medical boots any good because I'm really struggling just with crutches and can't put any weight on my foot! So also does anybody have tips on this or on how to get the best out of using crutches, and how on earth do I get up and down stairs apart from on my arse!

Re: Broken Foot, Crutches & Freshers!

Perfect way to get sympathy from those 18-year-old girls. It's almost like you planned it!

Innsbruckblue said:
Perfect way to get sympathy from those 18-year-old girls. It's almost like you planned it!

haha! got to say this has crossed my mind already as one benfit! Thought I think they'd be put off after I crawl back up the stairs on my arse when leaving

So you got pissed and broke your foot and your main concern is can you get pissed again next week ?

fucking students

nimrod said:
So you got pissed and broke your foot and your main concern is can you get pissed again next week ?

fucking students

yep that's exactly it mate

Just graduated from Newcastle this summer, best 3 years of my life so far! Enjoy it for all its worth and just have a laugh mate, I'm sure you'll piss yourself looking back at yourself during freshers raving with your crutches!

Edit: Also as good as freshers is, most people agree that it only gets better so don't worry about missing out as such

Niall2407 said:
Just graduated from Newcastle this summer, best 3 years of my life so far! Enjoy it for all its worth and just have a laugh mate, I'm sure you'll piss yourself looking back at yourself during freshers raving with your crutches!

Newcastle seems so good I just knew something had to go wrong before I started haha! Yeah I'm sure I will mate, going to be interesting to say the least

Niall2407 said:
Just graduated from Newcastle this summer, best 3 years of my life so far!

I think all students should be given a huge pay rise

is it nearly free there as its nearly in Scotland ?

I broke my ankle last December ..... first six weeks in the cast was non weight bearing, that is a feckin pain believe me ... hope you ain't the same.

By the way, it's still swollen and painful at times .. enjoy!

I know a City fan who broke her foot in three places on Newcastle station on her way to our opening match and she has not missed a match since so I guess you will be alright for getting around but I am sure that you will get plenty of sympathy and assistance from the caring female students!! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.