Browser problems ??

Asian Blue

Team supported
Man City
Well I think it is a browser problem !
I have a Toshiba Satellite lap top with Windows Xp Home Edition.( service pack 2. )
Around 6 months ago, I upgraded to a 504 mb RAM as the computer was becoming slow.
This speeded operation up, but recently the system started to "lock up" as I attempted to access I/E browser for internet use.
The only way I could shut down was by pressing the Ctrl/Alt/Del keys, and then clicking on "logg off" tab, that came up on screen.
However this took me to "saving settings" and then the computer hung again, resulting in me having turn off the computer with the off button.
When I restarted the computer, I was asked if I wanted to activate Active Desk Top, which I did, and after several attempts, got the computer operating when browsing in I/E.
Not being very technical ( as you will see from above) I was about to take the lap top to a computer shop to be checked, until a friend suggested loading Firefox as my browser.
Having done this, I am not having a problem at the moment, but wonder if I have done any damage ??
I still have I/E loaded on the computer, but do not use, for fear of causing a problem again.
Any thoughts and advice out there ?..........thanks.

Thanks for that Chris..................will look into that.
The computer is around 18 months old, and I/E was pre- loaded at purchase.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.