Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
we'll be looking at best at 2nd choice, maybe even 3rd or 4th choice players for each position we're looking at strengthing. We won't get involved in auctions with other clubs for players, frankly Txiki's negotiating skills and tactics are not working AND big clubs like Bayern, Real Madrid and Man Utd are all looking to spend big with Barca looking nailed on for De Liigt even though they're trying to play it down .... Also what happened to our transfer ban that was imminent a few months ago? The best thing to do is NOT follow the transfer market where City are concerned, I dunno what happens but the number of times we've agreed or nearly a deal or on the verge of a signing is beeedin infuriating!!

Hopefully not!

I don't think Txiki has done bad tbh, there's always one or two bad signings at any club but we haven't signed anyone disappointing since Bravo that I can remember. I think it shows how good his negotiating skills are that we didn't waste money on Sanchez and Fred, they turned out absolute shite and are bleeding the rags dry. The only downer for me was not stumping up whatever it took for van Dijk, but that's with hindsight.

I've got faith in those making decisions at the club to get most of them right. They need to with Dave, Vinny and Kun getting older. No point spending unless they improve the team though.

I don't see the rags getting anyone decent with no CL for them next season.

we'll be looking at best at 2nd choice, maybe even 3rd or 4th choice players for each position we're looking at strengthing. We won't get involved in auctions with other clubs for players, frankly Txiki's negotiating skills and tactics are not working AND big clubs like Bayern, Real Madrid and Man Utd are all looking to spend big with Barca looking nailed on for De Liigt even though they're trying to play it down .... Also what happened to our transfer ban that was imminent a few months ago? The best thing to do is NOT follow the transfer market where City are concerned, I dunno what happens but the number of times we've agreed or nearly a deal or on the verge of a signing is beeedin infuriating!!

Care to expand and also, how you would run us differently

The club doesn't get into bidding wars and won't put up with players/agents asking for more money, so it's possible.
Shame, especially with rumours of a release clause. Hopefully it’s just a very unlucky season from Kev but with Bernardo playing more games on the wing and Silva needing a rest/moving on, Bruno could be what we need to help out in midfield.

The recent developments over the last few days that we are not interested is for one of two possible reasons:

a) They were close to a deal, playing their cards close to their chest similar to what they did with B. Silva and I. Gundogan and then the club, player agent maybe all 3 starting running their mouths thus trying to delay or pump the price up instead of getting the deal done quickly so City pulled out or

b) City want everyone to think they are not interested to stop any more leaks

I'm thinking that a) is most likely because the last few players we have chased have all ended up the same way, clubs know we are interested and they start shouting from the roof tops and then the agents start demanding higher wages, one thing that is certain is City have a wage structure and they won't change that or beg a player to come if the players don't jump up and do a dance when the best team in the PL with the best coach in the world comes calling then they need their heads examining.

The club is well run and sets what it believes is realistic values on players - this policy serves us well. We are not afraid to spend but look to protect our wage structure etc. Apart from VVD no one else we have missed out on has really hurt us and even in the case of VVD we got Laporte who is probably a better fit for a Pep team. The most coveted are not always the best ! Michael Jordan wasn’t a first draft pick and nor was Calvin Johnson and there was nothing substandard or third choice about either of them. I’ve got a feeling we will bring in 3 or 4 excellent signings and we will keep the squad together and keep everyone’s feet on the ground.

Being that another link popped up for the first time in months the other day, I really hope this news that we aren't in for Bruno doesn't coincide with the potential signing of Rabiot...really don't want him even on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.