Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So just to be sure, when David Silva moves on next year, Phil Foden will replace him? If not, who does?
If we’re judging it by your standards probably the next shiny new toy who has had one good season.

If we’re being sensible and balanced probably a mixture of Foden, Bernardo, Gundogan (if he stays) and possibly even Zinchenko if he shows the same sort of character and determination which earned him a first team place this season. If Gundogan leaves then possibly a replacement will be needed but it’ll likely be someone who we’ve had our eyes on over a sustained period (e.g. Houssem Aouar).

Make room for Bruno by sending KDB out on loan till he learns to shave his head or dye his hair.

(Or I’d that too much of a self hating gingerist thing to say?!)

If we’re judging it by your standards probably the next shiny new toy who has had one good season.

If we’re being sensible and balanced probably a mixture of Foden, Bernardo, Gundogan (if he stays) and possibly even Zinchenko if he shows the same sort of character and determination which earned him a first team place this season. If Gundogan leaves then possibly a replacement will be needed but it’ll likely be someone who we’ve had our eyes on over a sustained period (e.g. Houssem Aouar).
Lol :-)

OR for £30m, we can possibly insure ourselves against all your probables as listed above by planning ahead now?

Doesn't preparing this summer for next not make sense?

What if we get a transfer ban? What then?

Given that we could have planned for these distinct possibilities this summer, how would you feel about your plan if there was a ban, Silva & Fernandinho left at the end of their contracts, & Gundog walked away on a free? What then?

Would you be confident of fighting on 4 fronts with just KDB, B Silva, Rodri & Foden as our midfield options?

I suppose we have Stones & Zinchenko we could throw in the midfield mix?

Last edited:
So just to be sure, when David Silva moves on next year, Phil Foden will replace him? If not, who does?
If not then I’m sure we will invest in the right player. However, I’d love to actually wait and find out if Foden is going to be good enough before we start writing him off.

Foden has proven himself at youth level, but expecting him to start & be effective at man kevel, over 40+ games per season, & to replace what we've lost in David Silva? Can't see it mate.

As an example; against Spurs, at times he made so little impact, that I felt like we were a man short. However he did score the all important goal which made many clamour for him to become an instant starter.

Foden's time will come, but we can't possibly expect to thrust our expectations on him at his current level. BTW, I wasn't one of those calling Pep 'Fraudiola' & trying to advise the great man how to approach playing in the PL. :-)

Foden is at least a year ahead of Iniesta in terms of first team appearences at the same age. In the season following turning 19, Iniesta made 11 La Liga appearences for Barca. The following season he made 37 La Liga appearences although 25 were from the bench. So the Stockport Iniesta certainly has time on his side. I expect most of Foden's first team appearences this season will be from the bench, the difference being that instead of Pep waiting for us to be 2 or 3 up before bringing him on after 75 mins, it will be part of the game plan to bring him on around the hour mark. He will probably make something like 5-10 starts in the PL and CL.

We are not interested in the guy,we said it weeks ago

Was it not that we were interested in him, might even have agreed a deal, but Lisbon were not enamored with the players we were offering as part of said deal? We’ve been doing business with them for other players since, so perhaps that has an effect on him now. All conjecture.

Was it not that we were interested in him, might even have agreed a deal, but Lisbon were not enamored with the players we were offering as part of said deal? We’ve been doing business with them for other players since, so perhaps that has an effect on him now. All conjecture.

If the lad is that good why hasn't anyone triggered the realease clause? Either the 30m clause is bullshit or he's not that good?

Buyout clauses are so often bollocks. I assume people have heard it in the daily mail or some other click bait tabloid?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.