Bruno Fernandes

Status
Not open for further replies.
30m buy out clause and nobody has triggered it yet, cant be that good or that buyout is bollox

His official buy-out clause is 80m Euros, according to most reports. Someone on twitter said his club would accept 60m. someone else on twitter said his clause is actually 31m, hidden somewhere in his contract.

Ipso facto, everyone accepts (and quotes) his clause to be 30m all of a sudden.

If it was, im sure Spurs woulda signed him by now. or one of the milan clubs.

His official buy-out clause is 80m Euros, according to most reports. Someone on twitter said his club would accept 60m. someone else on twitter said his clause is actually 31m, hidden somewhere in his contract.

Be right up the rags street if the clause is 80mill they like throwing money around ..

I thought that it was a form of non-binding release clause, as i understand it the clause is around £31 million and if a club bids in excess of this amount but they then decline it the player receives a £5 million payment, the clause is then voided for all future bids and as such a release clause no longer exist. The player is £5 million better off and the selling club is happy as they then get to sign the player for a much higher fee. This is why they are trying to create an auction for around £60 million.

We took a risk with a 33 year old Fernandinho last year, it didn’t work out too badly. We took a risk with Mendy’s fitness too, that didn’t work out too badly either.
Next season won't be a case of injuries, we know for deffo Silva's gone, with possibly Fernandinho & Gundog following too, not to mention a possible transfer ban. So rather than plan, you'd prefer us to take unnecessary risks? Why would Manchester City do that to themselves?

If we get a transfer ban then I cannot see all three of those leaving. Fern would almost certainly stay. I get your point, I just think we need to fully invest in Foden now and bringing in another big money attacking midfielder is not going to help that.
We ARE fully invested in Foden. However he can't carry us through a season yet, so until he can, we need to replace Silva lickety split imo.

I'm going to relate everything to last season to explain why everything is okay.

New kid -> takes Fodens old minutes
Foden -> takes David's minutes
Rodri -> takes Dinhos minutes
New DM (luiz) or Zinchenko -> takes Gundogans DM minutes
Angelino -> takes some of Zinchenkos old LB minutes

We have literally the same depth as last season if we transition like this. I'm not saying we dont need a midfielder, we need a back up 6 to Rodri if Fernandinho and Gundogan leaves, but not an 8.

Also if you fear a tranafer ban, there is no way City lose both Gundogan and Fernandinho if that happens.
Foden isn't ready to replace Silva over a season yet. We're not just trying to finish as far away from relegation as possible, we're trying to win major trophies. I'm seriously struggling to think how anyone expects Foden to replace Silva without that putting the squad under serious pressure. KDB has had major injury worries over the last 3 seasons. If Zinchenko was seen as what we needed at CDM, why buy Rodri?

So you're seriously advocating we adopt a mend & make do attitude toward the PL for the next couple of seasons? Why would we do that, when with a bit of planning, we can avoid being left woefully short of world class talent to push on, on all 4 fronts?

Foden isn't ready to replace Silva over a season yet. We're not just trying to finish as far away from relegation as possible, we're trying to win major trophies. I'm seriously struggling to think how anyone expects Foden to replace Silva without that putting the squad under serious pressure. KDB has had major injury worries over the last 3 seasons. If Zinchenko was seen as what we needed at CDM, why buy Rodri?

So you're seriously advocating we adopt a mend & make do attitude toward the PL for the next couple of seasons? Why would we do that, when with a bit of planning, we can avoid being left woefully short of world class talent to push on, on all 4 fronts?
I dont agree with virtually anything you said, your also making assumptions by what I said over and over again.

I gave you the players to show you the transition and your response is to ignore that, then what's the point of discussion if you dont care what others show you. You are talking out of emotion and not logic, when that happens I almost always give up, I'm tired of arguing against people's emotions.

I'll give you my parting statement regarding this, I think you'll like it, how about we just see how the season after David plays out, ultimately I trust Peps judgement over what squad he has and how to manage it over anyone else (even myself).

Next season won't be a case of injuries, we know for deffo Silva's gone, with possibly Fernandinho & Gundog following too, not to mention a possible transfer ban. So rather than plan, you'd prefer us to take unnecessary risks? Why would Manchester City do that to themselves?
Unnecessary risks? We’ve offered Fernandinho and Gundogan new deals, the likelihood of both players rejecting them and walking away is next to fuck all if you look at how efficient we have been in that respect over the last few years.

If and it’s a big if both players did walk away which isn’t going to happen and we got a transfer ban which is highly unlikely to happen (CAS), then we’ll have to have a season in which we blood a couple of younger players. Zinchenko last season playing at left back was completely unexpected considering we were prepared to sell him to Wolves, again it didn’t work out too badly did it considering there’s 3 big shiny new trophies in a cabinet. I’m sure you’d prefer 3 big shiny new toys instead with the way you come across.

I dont agree with virtually anything you said, your also making assumptions by what I said over and over again.

I gave you the players to show you the transition and your response is to ignore that, then what's the point of discussion if you dont care what others show you. You are talking out of emotion and not logic, when that happens I almost always give up, I'm tired of arguing against people's emotions.

I'll give you my parting statement regarding this, I think you'll like it, how about we just see how the season after David plays out, ultimately I trust Peps judgement over what squad he has and how to manage it over anyone else (even myself).
I've not ignored what you said, I've just questioned why all of a sudden Zinchenko is a potential solution to our impending midfield worries?

Fernandinho has had an injury hit season, which continued into the Copa America & is due to leave next summer.

KDB has had long periods out in every season he's been with us with major injuries.

Silva leaves next summer.

Gundog may possibly leave on a free next summer.

We may have a 2 window ban next summer.

With all of this going on, you're seriously suggesting that we rely heavily on Foden, & use Zinchenko in midfield? This is a solution?

Foden will get more game time this season, but he's NOT David Silva, so for him to replace Silva would mean a huge drop in the effectiveness of our midfield.

We tried all sorts at CDM when Fern was injured...... Everyone apart from Zinchenko. So I ask, why is Zinchenko all of a sudden a solution, when Pep didn't see him as one in CDM once last season?

The one thing we're all certain of is that Silva will leave next season, so why not start the succession planning from now when we can? This is all I'm trying to illustrate mate.

Unnecessary risks? We’ve offered Fernandinho and Gundogan new deals, the likelihood of both players rejecting them and walking away is next to fuck all if you look at how efficient we have been in that respect over the last few years.

If and it’s a big if both players did walk away which isn’t going to happen and we got a transfer ban which is highly unlikely to happen (CAS), then we’ll have to have a season in which we blood a couple of younger players. Zinchenko last season playing at left back was completely unexpected considering we were prepared to sell him to Wolves, again it didn’t work out too badly did it considering there’s 3 big shiny new trophies in a cabinet. I’m sure you’d prefer 3 big shiny new toys instead with the way you come across.
We've offered Fernandinho & Gundog new deals. Have they taken them? Until the situation changes, they're both leaving next summer. You seem very certain neither will walk away. Do you have inside info from either player as to what their plans are?

Why is a ban unlikely to happen? Again, do you have inside info either way on what CAS may or may not do?

Blooding an experienced international at LB, into a team of international superstars is one thing. However, are you seriously claiming that potentially losing Silva, Gundog & Fernandinho, & replacing them with Foden, Zinchenko & who ever else we can from the academy makes sense to you?

Let's wait & see if Pep & Txiki agree with you. Somehow I doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.